Goodbye old friend!

Started by MarkShot, September 28, 2012, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkShot

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Today, I put my best friend of five years to sleep.  Not sure when and if I will see it again.  (It was necessary, for security reasons, to sanitize it and others before they are picked up for shipping.)

It did not ask if it will dream, but I know I will.

Anyway, my wife did promise me today that one day in the future after getting resettled, she will get me the most extravagant decked out custom gaming rig that can assembled in Taiwan.

Bison

son_of_montfort

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

I couldn't find any way to express the horror. Crazy though, you had to erase all the data.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

MarkShot

All the desktops will be outside my physical security ... shipping.  They contain lots of sensitive data besides just games.  Thus, they had to be sanitized.

The NAS (RAID 1) and a mirror will be traveling by air with the mirror being hand carried (along with laptop and iPad).  The desktops if they meet us on the other side will be recovered from disaster backups.  (All the devices going by air have adequate security if they were lost or stolen.)

Windigo

now you would think that the photos with the white bar accross your employer's name actually conceals it eh? BUT If its a typical piece of software that you used to import and edit the photo .... the info is still in the e-file.

just saying....         ;D
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

MarkShot

Well, all I was hiding is my email address, since the software was licensed to me and my business.  However, that business has now been officially dissolved.

Toonces

Have you seen I, Robot?

On the other hand, I'll bet you can get an absolutely KILLER rig set up in Taiwan.  I mean, jeez, your spitting distance from China there.  Kid in a candy shop!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on September 28, 2012, 09:08:29 PM
Have you seen I, Robot?

On the other hand, I'll bet you can get an absolutely KILLER rig set up in Taiwan.  I mean, jeez, your spitting distance from China there.  Kid in a candy shop!

Considering the computer hardware manufacturers are based in Taiwan, I'd think it would be the cheapest place to get them.  Individual parts, anyway.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MarkShot

Mike,

Nanites!

But MK2-XP was unique, and it was created with a purpose by its father.

Toonces

On a separate note, when you get settled down in Taiwan and get a chance, you have to go to some aquarium shops and take a bunch of pictures for me.  I've read articles in magazines that say that they have insane fish markets of aquarium fish in China and Taiwan.  I'd like to see that.

MarkShot

I've been to Macau many times and have never seen or heard about that. In the food markets, you'll see fish on ice skillfully split in half such that there hearts are still beating, meaning that they are fresh.

Two weeks ago, I had to put my wife's two goldfish of eight years to sleep and bury them. I followed procedures I found on the Internet. First anastesize them with oil of cloves, and once they were knocked out use alka seltzer to asphyiate them. You can call me a p*ssy, but I still feel bad about what I did. They were calm without fear (just like they were about to be fed) and died without trauma. However, if you understand Chinese Taoism and duality, then in the humanity which I tried to exercise to end their simple lives, there was great inhumanity.

I am not a PETA supporter, but I feel bad for what I did. I can say "they had a good life". But if 2.5 weeks ago I had been struck down with another heart attack, then they would still be swimming around today saying, "he had a good life". Life is not always easy to understand.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Keunert

are you going to work in Taiwan?
i would feel the same about the fish..
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

MarkShot

No immediate plans for employment there.