Goodbye old friend!

Started by MarkShot, September 28, 2012, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Perhaps you should consider becoming a motorcycle gang leader.  Markshot's Riders.

MarkShot

I used to motorcycle years ago in Taiwan. There is no better way to enjoy the mountains than on a bike.

But there are no bikes in my future now. First, it is ill advised for anyone on blood thinners such as myself. I am much more likely to bleed out than the next guy. Second, my USA purchased travel medical excludes any hazardous sports like sky diving ... Motorcycling is also excluded.

Motorcycles are fun ... You get the feeling of really being out there like a bicycle, but nothing matches the raw power and acceleration.

Well, I am glad I got to bike in my youth. I grew in a generation where motorcycles were way cool. Of course, in Taiwan, they were everywhere. Still it was a childhood dream come true.

3 more weeks and in a way I will be going back to where my life began. Of course, I was on my own in NYC for years as a teen before that, but nothing changes your view of the World and life like going to the other side of it.

Staggerwing

Sounds like you've had an interesting set of life experiences, Mark.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Mark, when you finally write the bio, I'll be in line to buy it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MarkShot

Culturally, my life has been very diverse spanning middle class White American culture, Haitian, West Indian,  Latino (mainly Puerto Rican), and Southern Chinese.  I am probably one of the few people in the World who speaks Cantonese and Kreyol (language of Haiti).  I've always thought my skills as a translator would be high demand, if Haiti were to invade China.  But, alas, that only happens when playing Paradox games.  :)