The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Going back a minute to Wolfenstein's release, isn't it weird that the monotitled recent entry (Wolfenstein) isn't being sold at Steam or GG? The sequel (New Order) is, of course; and the prior game ReturntoWolfie is; and even Wolfenstein3D plus its Spear of Destiny pack (at Steam).

Am I just imagining that game being there before? Did ID Software ask for it to be taken off so as not to confuse people from buying the newest one?? (Or because it sucked??? Although I don't recall people thinking it sucked so much as it being kind of half-assed for the return of the Wolfenstein property. After the "Return of Wolfenstein" I mean. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

GTA IV complete is £4.40 at amazon

how is it i have a knack of buying games just before they go on sale?

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 07, 2014, 09:08:49 AM
GTA IV complete is £4.40 at amazon

how is it i have a knack of buying games just before they go on sale?

It's currently $6.00 US on Amazon's US portal (for a game code).

Lazy Link

EDIT: It says 'only available to US customers with a US billing address'
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

hmmmm sure i saw uk - ill try and find a ink

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 07, 2014, 09:25:24 AM
hmmmm sure i saw uk - ill try and find a ink

Number of places on sale...use www.isthereanydeal.com to find all the sales across the web....pretty handy.

undercovergeek

all they need now is a 'sales predictor'

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 07, 2014, 09:55:53 AM
all they need now is a 'sales predictor'

That's easy....nowadays, seems like there is a sales somewhere on the web every day....I am having a tough time keeping up with these new releases and sales:)

JasonPratt

Ahem. Sang-froid is still on sale for a few more hours at freaking 90% off. i.e., a little more than US$1. Not sure what that comes out to in Canada money, though that would be more appropriate.

I have already sung about this once today in another thread. Don't make me repeat myself.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

WallysWorld

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 08, 2014, 01:16:06 PM
Ahem. Sang-froid is still on sale for a few more hours at freaking 90% off. i.e., a little more than US$1. Not sure what that comes out to in Canada money, though that would be more appropriate.

Bought it yesterday after trying out the demo. Good atmosphere in the game and for the price right now, it's a great deal.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

eyebiter

Staggerwing

Snagged one.

I wonder how it will look over Apple Airtime onto my big TV...

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

steve58

Matrixgames Deal of the Week is:  Carriers at War for $20 (DD) / $30 (Box edition + DD)

After the last Deal of the Week, we continue the series with another title set during in the Pacific Theatre. For the duration of the week, we are offering you a 50% discount on Carriers at War. Designed by the original Strategic Studies Group, Carriers at War is a wargaming masterpiece that lets you experience the Pacific War unlike any other game!

Carriers at War is a WWII naval combat and strategy game set in the Pacific Theatre. Putting you at the heart of WWII carrier combat, you are in charge of commanding carriers with immense amounts of firepower tasked with delivering a knockout blow to the enemy, while avoiding retribution at the hands of a fanatical foe. Carriers at War focuses heavily on carrier fleet command strategy, which requires the player to use all of their naval prowess to best the enemy. Throughout the wide range of scenarios and campaigns found in Carriers at War, history buffs and strategy fans alike will recognize and enjoy playing through famous engagements including Pearl Harbor, Midway, Coral Sea, Eastern Solomons, and more.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/337/details/Carriers.at.War
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Staggerwing

Matrix' CaW is a fun game that mainly suffers from a lack of scenarios as compared to it's ancestor, SSG's penultimate Complete Carriers at War. That earlier DOS version covered the Atlantic, the Pacific, and even the Med. I think that Matrix assumed the gaming community would do most of the scenario building for them but iirc, only a few were ever made after release.

Still, for $20 it's worth considering. Or, if you want more content and can stand the primitive graphics, hunt down a copy of DOS CCaW. Last I knew though, it was hard to find and wasn't cheap.

Nefaro

I enjoyed Matrix' Carriers At War.  It definitely could've used more scenarios in the end.. not just multiple variants of a few. 

I've been debating loading it up again because not only is the carrier 'hide and seek' enjoyable but you can finish a scenario in an hour or two, with lots of nail-biting the whole time.