The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on July 01, 2014, 09:51:38 PM
Quote from: Toonces on July 01, 2014, 09:47:41 PM
Scourge of War is awesome.  I already own everything, but if I didn't I'd be all over that deal.

Indeed.  And same here. 

I don't see how any Civil War strategy game at the battle level will ever compare to SOW's gameplay anytime in the foreseeable future. 

I'm also looking forward to their upcoming Napoleonic version(s).  8)

Hard part is we are still a year away from the napoleonic version, they better be doing early access:)

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 01, 2014, 12:20:19 PM
True, everything they've had on sale so far I either already had or didn't want. (Or was a special situation like DW:U's release.)

I'll be gettin this, though, if it looks substantially less expensive to pick this up instead of the expansions piecemeal: I already have ScOWar.

Okay I checked tonight. The discounted download version of the full collection == the same cost as the two larger expansions (Antietam and Chancellorsville) put together. So already owning the first game I'd be in effect buying the two large expansions and getting the two smaller ones ($10 each) for free. Oy. That's still over 28.5% off though, right?  :-\

Maybe I should just wait until I get around to playing the 1st game (and its, um, prequels at Manasass, both of which I own but only the first of which I've ever somewhat played).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 03, 2014, 07:38:25 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 01, 2014, 12:20:19 PM
True, everything they've had on sale so far I either already had or didn't want. (Or was a special situation like DW:U's release.)

I'll be gettin this, though, if it looks substantially less expensive to pick this up instead of the expansions piecemeal: I already have ScOWar.

Okay I checked tonight. The discounted download version of the full collection == the same cost as the two larger expansions (Antietam and Chancellorsville) put together. So already owning the first game I'd be in effect buying the two large expansions and getting the two smaller ones ($10 each) for free. Oy. That's still over 28.5% off though, right?  :-\

Maybe I should just wait until I get around to playing the 1st game (and its, um, prequels at Manasass, both of which I own but only the first of which I've ever somewhat played).

Manassas was also a good game but I say don't bother with it anymore now that we have the SOW series... unless you've played the hell out of the latter. 

The interface isn't as useful in Manassas, for one.  You must do some fidgety modding to get it to run widescreen and move the clock & compass x,y location away from the middle & further out to the corner of the screen.  Then there is the slow torturous camera movement speed that started driving me nuts after going back from SOW.  Oversaturated colors in the graphics. 

That all sounds terrible, but it's still a fun game underneath.  I just think the UI in SOW was a big leap ahead and it can be frustrating going backward.  I'd like to see a Manassas expansion for SOW instead.

republic

FS Pilot Shop http://www.fspilotshop.com/specials.php?page=2&osCsid=hiecjrm7o7i1spgih8ft5o5236

and

PC Aviator http://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php?cat=821

Are both having a sale.  I am unfortunately feeding my new habit, I've only bought the Lionheart Quest Kodiak...but the Razbam Metroliner looks so nice....

steve58

Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise for $3.75 at GameFly.

p.s.  Try using promo code JUL20OFFGet to get an additional 20% off.  Didn't try since I already have CoP.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on July 07, 2014, 12:29:12 PM
Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise for $3.75 at GameFly.

p.s.  Try using promo code JUL20OFFGet to get an additional 20% off.  Didn't try since I already have CoP.

Doesn't appear to work...believe there is a minimal value to use the coupon...says it does not meet it....I guess would have only saved an extra .80 cents or so:)

Since you have it, worth picking up?

steve58

I actually picked it up the last time it was on sale and have yet to fire up EUIV since to try it out.  Too many games :-[
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

WallysWorld

Matrix's sale this week is Ageod's Civil War II at 25% off:  http://www.ageod.com/products/500/details/CivilWarII
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

steve58

A new Humble Bundle is up, the 2K Bundle for the Price of your Choice (you get to name your price). Minimum price is $1 for Steam keys.

Minimum price of $1 includes:

• BioShock
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  • The Darkness II

If you beat the average price (currently ~$6), you will also receive the above plus:
  • BioShock 2
  • Mafia 2
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • just added {red}XCOM Complete Pack (the original X-COM: UFO Defense (also known as UFO: Enemy Unknown) and the sequel Terror from the Deep alongside their successors, Apocalypse, Interceptor and Enforcer.){red}

Pay $20 or more to unlock:

• XCOM Enemy Unknown
  • Bioshock Infinite

Gusington

Sniper Elite 3 for 35.00 with 30% off voucher at Green Man...attempting to resist that one...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2014, 05:30:44 PM
Sniper Elite 3 for 35.00 with 30% off voucher at Green Man...attempting to resist that one...

I am really enjoying the game....the fact it gives you multiple ways to approach the targets makes it very fun and adds to the replayability in my mind....it likely will get cheaper at some point, but I have gotten my money's worth already...love this series.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2014, 07:32:53 PM
SHUT UP

Just say'in:)  But in all seriousness, if your not sold on the game, it seems this franchise quickly goes into bargain bin quickly for some reason so you can likely pick it up cheaper somewhere down the road.

Gusington

It would be my first foray into these games. Plus my back log is...girthy. I can't justify the purchase when I have Wolfenstein waiting in the wings.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd