The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Age of Wonders 3 currently for sale on Steam for $15 Cdn. Very tempting!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on December 01, 2014, 07:59:26 AM

Recommended.

I think it's currently the best fantasy 4X as a whole, considering the strengths of all the parts together.   The first DLC pack helped add some content, and there is reportedly more on the way (which is what it needs most, but there is a fair bit already unlike Endless Legend).

Shelldrake

Quote from: Nefaro on December 01, 2014, 11:55:10 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on December 01, 2014, 07:59:26 AM

Recommended.

I think it's currently the best fantasy 4X as a whole, considering the strengths of all the parts together.   The first DLC pack helped add some content, and there is reportedly more on the way (which is what it needs most, but there is a fair bit already unlike Endless Legend).

Pulled the trigger. A bit of an impulse purchase but appeals to me more than Endless Legends.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Prepare to enjoy yourself tremendously!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I've played both and each one is definitely fun to play.  AoW 3 is much more Civ like in nature but gameplay is better than the aforementioned game. 

Endless Legend is a streamlined tbs game that you can play fast without too much thinking and still do ok.  Yet the game is deep enough that if one were to take the time and plan things out they would be richly rewarded. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

weateallthepies

The current Humble Flash Bundle is a bit of a no brainer if you don't own any of the games in the lower tiers.

https://www.humblebundle.com/flash

War of the Roses: Kingmaker + gift copy
March of the Eagles
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition

steam keys for more $1 or more

Pay more than average to also get

Cities in Motion 2
Warlock Master of the Arcane

more than $16 for Crusader Kings II which seems a bit much given it's on sale almost everywhere else for less.

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on December 01, 2014, 05:58:51 PM
I've played both and each one is definitely fun to play.  AoW 3 is much more Civ like in nature but gameplay is better than the aforementioned game. 

I would say AOW3 is more like AOW2.  :P   Or a fully turn-based fantasy Total War without the spotty AI behaviors.  Not so much Civ since it has a separate battle layer and the military side is more detailed in all ways.

W8taminute

Quote from: Nefaro on December 01, 2014, 10:54:52 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 01, 2014, 05:58:51 PM

I would say AOW3 is more like AOW2.  :P   Or a fully turn-based fantasy Total War without the spotty AI behaviors.  Not so much Civ since it has a separate battle layer and the military side is more detailed in all ways.

I see what you're saying about the military aspect of AOW3 compared to Civ.  I'm thinking though that the economic and building portion of both games are somewhat alike.  Military gameplay is much more satisfying in AOW3.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Steam has Breach & Clear on sale for $3.74   I think I'll give it a whirl. 

Toonces

Star Wars: Empire at War Gold is on sale on Steam for $6.80...only 13 hours left as of 1837 Hawaii time so you better hustle up after you read this or it'll be too late!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bbmike

If this is true then the GoG winter sale starts any time now and if you're fast you can snag a copy of the first Age of Wonders!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on December 03, 2014, 11:37:45 PM
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold is on sale on Steam for $6.80...only 13 hours left as of 1837 Hawaii time so you better hustle up after you read this or it'll be too late!

The Steam page says that online functionality was shut down in May. Is the game still ok for SP w/out any hitches?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I enjoyed it in SP. It did get repetitive after a while though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Apparently some really good mods are available for SW:EaW. This one in particular looks like fun.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revenge

Dean Edell

republic

Quote from: bbmike on December 04, 2014, 06:40:43 AM
If this is true then the GoG winter sale starts any time now and if you're fast you can snag a copy of the first Age of Wonders!

I've been living under a rock, what is the Grogheads opinion of Age of Wonders 3?