The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Not sure if I will pick up, but Age of Wonders III...$5.99 for standard and $9.99 for deluxe....

http://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game/buy-age-of-wonders-3-steam-key.html

Martok

^  If you like 4x and/or fantasy-strategy games at all, you absolutely should get it at that/those price(s). 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Martok on December 19, 2014, 04:17:03 PM
^  If you like 4x and/or fantasy-strategy games at all, you absolutely should get it at that/those price(s).

I keep trying to like these games, but I buy and they seem to sit without being played.....that is the only reason I am hesitant this time around, even with that fantastic price.

Martok

Which other ones have you tried? 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Martok on December 19, 2014, 04:31:00 PM

Fallen Enchantress and Endless Legends recently...both look great, but something just never clicks with me.

sandman2575

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 19, 2014, 03:38:52 PM
Not sure if I will pick up, but Age of Wonders III...$5.99 for standard and $9.99 for deluxe....

Huh, never knew about GamingDragons. Just what I need, another site to soak up my income...

weateallthepies

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 19, 2014, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 19, 2014, 03:38:52 PM

Huh, never knew about GamingDragons. Just what I need, another site to soak up my income...

There are some decidedly mixed reviews of that website if you go looking. Not sure I'm going to give them any of my money.

steve58

Steam had Hegemony Rome on sale last week (except for the latest DLC (Advanced Tactics)).  Now Greenmangaming has Hegemony Rome on sale (not as good a deal as Steam's earlier sale, but better than Steam's current price), and they do have the Advanced Tactics DLC for $1 until 11:00am ET tomorrow.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

WallysWorld

Quote from: steve58 on December 21, 2014, 03:47:55 PM
Steam had Hegemony Rome on sale last week (except for the latest DLC (Advanced Tactics)).  Now Greenmangaming has Hegemony Rome on sale (not as good a deal as Steam's earlier sale, but better than Steam's current price), and they do have the Advanced Tactics DLC for $1 until 11:00am ET tomorrow.

A super thanks for posting that. I was waiting for the Advanced Tactics DLC to go on sale so I just bought it.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

steve58

Quote from: WallysWorld on December 21, 2014, 05:11:25 PM
Quote from: steve58 on December 21, 2014, 03:47:55 PM

A super thanks for posting that. I was waiting for the Advanced Tactics DLC to go on sale so I just bought it.

O0...I picked up HR and the other DLC during the Steam sale and was waiting for Advanced Tactics as well...glad I could help.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Ubercat

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 19, 2014, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Martok on December 19, 2014, 04:31:00 PM

Fallen Enchantress and Endless Legends recently...both look great, but something just never clicks with me.

I have the same problem. The cure, in my case, was more board war games and less PC games. Ten years ago AoW3 would have been all I played for a few weeks. Now I haven't been able to put more than an hour into it. I just don't seem to care about AI opponents anymore.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Gamersgate are having a Bethesda sale; everything looks pretty cheap, including Skyrim.

republic

Everyone go to Steam and vote for IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad so we can pick it up at 50% off :)  I just saw its in the community vote for tomorrow's sale.

JudgeDredd

Once again I've past the Omerta deal...not for the first time. For some reason I constantly check for that game and when it actually goes on sale, I leave it there. What's wrong with me?  :tickedoff:
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: republic on December 22, 2014, 01:14:04 PM
Everyone go to Steam and vote for IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad so we can pick it up at 50% off :)  I just saw its in the community vote for tomorrow's sale.

I'll put my vote in to help the community, but I likely wouldn't still pick this up for $30.