The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Just bought it. Also noticed that I had bought Spec Ops: The Line at some point.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on March 28, 2015, 02:20:30 PM
Also noticed that I had bought Spec Ops: The Line at some point.

Did you not notice until attempting to purchase it again?  :crazy2:

Gusington

Ha no when I went to redeem my code for XCOM there it was...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on March 28, 2015, 05:37:25 PM
Ha no when I went to redeem my code for XCOM there it was...

Gus, I think you will have great fun with XCOM and the expansion.  O0
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Can you give me a quick run down of XCOM? The story, style, etc?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

turn based, cover seeking, moving forward with fire support and snipers, alien zapping, rocket launching, shotgun to the facing, turn based, research in the base, autopsying turn based awesomeness

Gusington

Shouldn't that be 'researching in the base-ing'...for consistency?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

just buy the god damned game and shut up  :P

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I think that Humble Bundle must be giving away a secret code for The Line: I found one, too, when I logged in to get my Steam code.

I put it up to give away down in the free giveaways to Groghead members. I figure someone somewhere might not have played it yet (and yet like FPShooters). It's worth doing, for anyone at least half interested in a FPS.

Quote from: Gusington on March 28, 2015, 08:17:36 PM
Can you give me a quick run down of XCOM? The story, style, etc?

You have entered a whole new world. Save often.  :D

UGeek has summarized accurately; all versions of X-Com back to the 90s could be described that way, too (though except maybe for a lite-version on the Android -- I'm not sure -- no version has had random map generation since the original and its immediate sequel. Or if they did they were notoriously bad; but the original map generator was quite good. Fortunately, this fully upgraded version of the recent remake features a ton of maps so you're unlike to play the same one twice in one playthrough.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Since my commitment to not buying new games for a while has eroded spectacularly in the past week, I went ahead and picked up Alien: Ishitmasons and its season pass today. The total came in a few bucks under $30, and includes all DLC plus any future released DLC: it was an amazingly discounted sale for such a quality game still being retailed at the initial full price (usually).

I may never play it, but I have it.  :o If anyone still hasn't gotten it, well I'm sure a Spring Sale is coming soon and the same deal will be on the way but it isn't likely to get much better anytime soon: 75% discount, and a 50% discount on the Season Pass, which is itself cheaper than buying all current DLC at 50% discount (plus the recent one at full price) and will be good for any future releases (if any).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Planetary Annihilation is 80% off on Bundle Stars.

Martok

GamersGate has a couple different types of deals going down right now. 

First up, it's apparently Ubisoft Week, where they're rolling out 48-hour sales.  First one up is the Assassins Creed titles. 

In addition, they have up to 75% off of a number of space strategy games this weekend (through April 6) -- mostly the Endless Space, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Galactic Civilizations series (sorry, GalCiv3 pre-order not included!). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Pete Dero

Martok

Armada 2526 Gold Edition is 80% off at Steam through April 13. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces