The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I haven't played Merchants of Kaidan since its early buggy days, but I can say with some assurance that the devs are regularly patching/updating it (because I never uninstalled it and I see patches pretty frequently). I'm inclined to think this is real progress. But not inclined to play the game again anytime soon to check. But not inclined to delete it yet either.

(Tbh, I forget it's there until it's patched. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

I have a 35% off steam coupon for survivor squad gauntlets. It's currently 30% off i believe you can add the steam coupon on top for 65% off which would be around $3.50 . For some reason i got the coupon after i already purchased it, i supposed to get the coupon earlier as a bonus for having the first game. I purchased at GMG with there coupon and no tax that i have to pay thru steam, so it was about a wash anyway.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Greybriar

For the next two days GamersGate is offering World War 1 Centennial Edition for 75% off: $5.00 or 5,000 Blue Coins.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Rayfer

Wizardry 6,7&8 on sale at Gamersgate (Steam keys I believe) for $2.25.  Lots of old school, party based rpg goodness there.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Rayfer on May 06, 2015, 12:07:27 PM
Wizardry 6,7&8 on sale at Gamersgate (Steam keys I believe) for $2.25.  Lots of old school, party based rpg goodness there.

Good games, but I think I always spent more time trying to generate characters that weren't wimps with glass bones, than playing the full game.  :buck2:

Rayfer

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 06, 2015, 12:09:32 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on May 06, 2015, 12:07:27 PM

Good games, but I think I always spent more time trying to generate characters that weren't wimps with glass bones, than playing the full game.  :buck2:

LOL...me too. Especially in 8...it had a complex character creation process with lots of options and non-standard fantasy classes.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Greybriar on May 06, 2015, 06:02:39 AM
For the next two days GamersGate is offering World War 1 Centennial Edition for 75% off: $5.00 or 5,000 Blue Coins.

Is that back active on Steam, then?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Greybriar

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 06, 2015, 04:17:12 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on May 06, 2015, 06:02:39 AM

Is that back active on Steam, then?

It isn't sold by Steam but according to its Steam forum World War 1 Centennial Edition can still be played on Steam.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JasonPratt

In any case, $5 is well worth it (assuming someone wants to play a PC adaptation of a monstrous board game of WW1. ;) )

amandachen

Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue is on Steam now, and it's half price ($20). It's the same price at the Matrix/Slitherine store. If you add Case Blue to your shopping cart on the Matrix/Slith store, you are given the option of adding Warsaw to Paris for another $20.

http://matrixgames.com/store/434/Decisive.Campaigns:.Case.Blue
http://slitherine.com/games/DC2

Here's how to get Steam keys if you buy the games from Matrix/Slitherine   http://steamcommunity.com/app/354600/discussions/0/613957600528941725/

FlickJax

Quote from: amandachen on May 07, 2015, 02:01:01 PM
Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue is on Steam now, and it's half price ($20). It's the same price at the Matrix/Slitherine store. If you add Case Blue to your shopping cart on the Matrix/Slith store, you are given the option of adding Warsaw to Paris for another $20.

http://matrixgames.com/store/434/Decisive.Campaigns:.Case.Blue
http://slitherine.com/games/DC2

Here's how to get Steam keys if you buy the games from Matrix/Slitherine   http://steamcommunity.com/app/354600/discussions/0/613957600528941725/

Sold :)

Tpek

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

I played Homefront a few years back - borrowed a friend's copy of it.

I'd be hesitant to buy it now but for $5 it's probably worth it, if you're just aiming for single-player gameplay. The single-player campaign is way, way too short, but the shooting battles can be fun, especially if you like Red Dawn and have a shoot-the-Commie itch to scratch (I mean the original Red Dawn, not that Godawful shite remake). Multiplayer is supposed to be decent but I never touched that aspect and I don't have any idea if it's still active or not.

The whole idea of North Korea invading the US is utter nonsense so the entire premise is hard to wrap my head around (gee, sounds like a certain movie I just panned). But, if you don't take it too seriously, yeah, it's probably worth that discounted price.