The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

amandachen

Empires of Steel is pay what you want (minimum $1). I assume it's a sale rather than a permanent price change.

Anyone tried this? It looks kinda simplistic for most of you grogheads. 

Armchair General review
Out of Eight review
Gamercast review

Rayfer

Quote from: amandachen on October 14, 2015, 08:01:42 AM
Empires of Steel is pay what you want (minimum $1). I assume it's a sale rather than a permanent price change.

Anyone tried this? It looks kinda simplistic for most of you grogheads. 

Armchair General review
Out of Eight review
Gamercast review

I got it years ago and had tons of fun with it. It's a tough game of exploration, city conquest (not a city builder) and war. There are land, air and sea units that upgrade with tech research. It's not complicated or deep. It does have a rock/paper/scissor feel to it. 

bbmike

Yeah, it's kind of an updated Empire Deluxe. I remember liking it but haven't played it in a while. I seem to remember it had some kind of DRM when you tried to re-install.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on October 14, 2015, 09:12:17 AM
Yeah, it's kind of an updated Empire Deluxe. I remember liking it but haven't played it in a while. I seem to remember it had some kind of DRM when you tried to re-install.

It was originally published by Battlefront, and had their limited online-activation DRM.  The kind that wouldn't let you manually deactivate your key to free up a new install.

Last I heard, years ago, was that the creators were heading their own way and removing the DRM.  But the version I got from BF didn't have it removed when I checked some time later, so I didn't bother with it anymore.

amandachen

Thanks for the info. Says on the developer's site that it's 100% DRM free, so it seems like the game's worth picking up.

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Shelldrake on October 13, 2015, 10:49:30 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 11, 2015, 10:35:52 PM
Wargame: Red Dragon 75% Off

($9.99)

Daily Deal

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251060/?snr=1_4_4__43

Good deal but I wish they would release some new maps.

The released some new maps a couple of days ago and have said there are more on the way.
Maps released......
(1v1) Mud Fight !
(1v1) Paddy Field
(2v2) Highway to Seoul (small version)
(3v3) Highway to Seoul (big version)
(4v4) The Battle of Yuchalnok Pass
(4v4) The Green Mile

Also Steam is having a "stealth" sale until Friday at noon US central time. Notable titles......
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/stealth_sale/

Splinter Cell series...
Thief series.....
Deus-Ex series......
The original Ghost Recon plus the 2 expansions.
Far Cry series....
Assassin Creed series...

Steam also has the Deus Ex mod "revision" for users of the first title which is under 2 dollars btw.

Greybriar

Quote from: amandachen on October 14, 2015, 05:43:58 PM
Thanks for the info. Says on the developer's site that it's 100% DRM free, so it seems like the game's worth picking up.

I paid full price for Empires of Steel at GamersGate and it is DRM-Free there, too. But the GamersGate price is $19.99 U.S. instead of $1.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Shelldrake

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 15, 2015, 01:31:44 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on October 13, 2015, 10:49:30 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 11, 2015, 10:35:52 PM
Wargame: Red Dragon 75% Off

($9.99)

Daily Deal

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251060/?snr=1_4_4__43

Good deal but I wish they would release some new maps.

The released some new maps a couple of days ago and have said there are more on the way.
Maps released......
(1v1) Mud Fight !
(1v1) Paddy Field
(2v2) Highway to Seoul (small version)
(3v3) Highway to Seoul (big version)
(4v4) The Battle of Yuchalnok Pass
(4v4) The Green Mile

Also Steam is having a "stealth" sale until Friday at noon US central time. Notable titles......
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/stealth_sale/

Splinter Cell series...
Thief series.....
Deus-Ex series......
The original Ghost Recon plus the 2 expansions.
Far Cry series....
Assassin Creed series...

Steam also has the Deus Ex mod "revision" for users of the first title which is under 2 dollars btw.

Thanks for the heads up on the new maps. I haven't played for some time now so will need to get back into the game to try the new maps.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Toonces

Flight Simulator X Steam Edition is on sale for $5.  I have been waiting a while to get this to drop back down to $5 to avoid having to dig out the disks, and to take advantages of the performance improvements.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Bundle Stars is having a big sale on 200 or so titles.

http://tiny.cc/e48q4x

Did anyone here ever buy Gauntlet? It's $4.99.

Gusington

^Is there any single player to it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on October 15, 2015, 07:27:53 PM
^Is there any single player to it?

You can play solo, or with 1, 2, or 3 other players. The game is supposed to scale to the number of players.

I was thinking more of a grog-team. Just curious if anyone else grabbed it.

Gusington

I would get it for 5 dollah if we could get a L4D2 style Grog game going.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd