The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 21, 2016, 10:55:19 AM
Dammit Toonces!  Now I'm undecided again!

Hmm....can you issue orders while paused in AirLand Battle?

Just go with Red Dragon, if in doubt.  It's the newest version, has the most options & content.   :smitten:  Probably also has the most people doing multi-player, if you're considering that too.

Only a difference of $7.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Toonces on May 21, 2016, 10:47:28 AM
Red dragon has the ability to slow the game down which alb does not.  If you're not a super rats guy, red dragon might be the better call (it is for me).

Solution to slow down this and other games : http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=12733.0

Toonces

^ Yeah, I've used that and it's nice, but it slows everything down, not just the gameplay when you want it slowed.

I'm just throwing the whole slow down thing out there.  Maybe it won't matter to you.  I find almost all RTS games move far too fast for me and the ability to slow things down is very nice.

I just check ALB for you; there is no pause button.  You get one speed- GO- and that's it.  If I remember correctly, you can't pause RD either, but you can select "bullet time" which is very, very slow.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Pete Dero

Quote from: Toonces on May 21, 2016, 01:58:35 PM
^ Yeah, I've used that and it's nice, but it slows everything down, not just the gameplay when you want it slowed.

I defined a key to 20% speed (in the engine) and one to 100%.  When you enter the first key the game slows down to 20% and you can give orders.  You press the other key and the game resumes normal speed.
If I recall correctly (not much into RTS these days) you can define 5 speed settings.
Using this I could ignore 'bullet time' in Red Dragon and use the 20% speed setting instead.

Huw the Poo

Thanks for the input, everyone - much appreciated. I went for ALB in the end because I couldn't really decide and it was the cheaper option.

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 21, 2016, 03:21:46 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone - much appreciated. I went for ALB in the end because I couldn't really decide and it was the cheaper option.

ALB is definitely enjoyable. 

LOTS of toys to play with.

kludger

Age Of Wonders 3 is 75% off Midweek Madness on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/226840/

DLC's are 33% off.

Good fun with turn based tactical combat.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 21, 2016, 03:21:46 PM

Don't forget to install the trainer that lets you slow down time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Huw the Poo

Rayfer

Saw Hearts of Iron 4 Cadets Edition (6/6/16 release date) on sale for $26.45 at the cdkeys.com site.  Digital download on Steam.

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Rayfer on May 26, 2016, 10:29:17 AM
Saw Hearts of Iron 4 Cadets Edition (6/6/16 release date) on sale for $26.45 at the cdkeys.com site.  Digital download on Steam.

Is this site legit? Anyone?

Pete Dero

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on May 27, 2016, 03:18:37 AM

Not much more ( $28.77 Cadet Edition - $65.20 for the Marshall Edition ) and this website seems to be OK : https://www.imperialgames.com/en/1025/39590?refid=itad

JudgeDredd

I don't know the factual answer to that - but it's been around a fair while now. I recently bought a game from them and I had also done previously. All I can say is I had no issues with either purchase and was able to use the (I assume) valid key in Steam.

However - I think cdkeys is the one that allowed me to buy and then asked for my a number to "verify" the account. I was allowed to have them call or text, so I put my mobile number in and received a verification text within seconds. I did it - I wasn't happy about it - but I did it. For that reason I wouldn't use them again. To give a counter though, I believe other people (on these very forums) said they had never had to do that so I don't know why I did.

Like I said - two purchases, no problems but wouldn't use again because of their phone authentication daftness.

I do use Kinguin  :)
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 27, 2016, 04:18:46 AM

I don't know the factual answer to that - but it's been around a fair while now. I recently bought a game from them and I had also done previously. All I can say is I had no issues with either purchase and was able to use the (I assume) valid key in Steam.

However - I think cdkeys is the one that allowed me to buy and then asked for my a number to "verify" the account. I was allowed to have them call or text, so I put my mobile number in and received a verification text within seconds. I did it - I wasn't happy about it - but I did it. For that reason I wouldn't use them again. To give a counter though, I believe other people (on these very forums) said they had never had to do that so I don't know why I did.

Like I said - two purchases, no problems but wouldn't use again because of their phone authentication daftness.

I do use Kinguin  :)

I use both cdkeys and kinguin mostly, assuming they have a good deal.  Never had an issue with either and have never been requested for any follow up verification.  The only downside for me is that I do t believe you can't do a steam refund if you don't end up wanting the game.  Not a huge deal for me since I rarely return anything.

Tuna

That's where I bought stellaris from. I bought a couple games in the past as well. Never created an account just used paypal.