The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front (and all the DLC) on sale (-25%)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312980/

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on March 30, 2017, 08:44:35 PM
Dying Light Enhanced Edition 23.99 @ Steam. Anyone have this? I am almost done with Alan Wake (which is a super game, love it) but I want...need...more horror (-themed game, that is).

I think Alien:Isolation is currently one hundred percent free, in a way, right now.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

As for a real sale: Ark:Survival Evolved is 67% off this weekend at Steam, and its first non-free DLC Scorched Earth is 51% off. {reading that again} ...um, yeah, 51% off. Weird. So, in US dollars, that's $9.89 and $9.79 respectively -- which I guess explains the odd discount for Scorched. There are also two rather substantial free DLCs, and tons of Steam workshop mods.

The weekend discount coincides with the release of a major new update (technically the game is still in alpha, but it plays like any major AAA game still being patched and regularly adding content) which allows players to build legitimate underwater bases. And to put laser helmets on your pet Mosasaur.  :D Also, unicorns will now spawn on the map, albeit only one at a time -- this being perhaps the "alpha" form (the untamable super-form) of the new large horses which players can now tame and ride, and which allows players to create lassos now.

Of course, if you don't want to level up to science-fiction dinosaur action from stone age tech, you can always play a more "primitive" set of extended tech. (That's one of the free DLCs, though I'm not sure how supported it is anymore.) ARK is pretty much the best dino-hunting game on the market right now, whether single-player or multi, and might as well be a legitimate Land of the Lost (original series) video game. I highly recommend it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

I love how early access games can sell DLC with a straight face.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

-budd-

Quote from: Gusington on March 30, 2017, 08:44:35 PM
Dying Light Enhanced Edition 23.99 @ Steam. Anyone have this? I am almost done with Alan Wake (which is a super game, love it) but I want...need...more horror (-themed game, that is).

if you get it let me know your opinion. I've been on the fence with this one for awhile, just looked at some youtube vids on it. I'm just not sure how much combat is in the game, there's a lot of parkour elements so im just not sure. I don't mind having to run or a melee focus but i like my zombie games with some guns at least.I'll probably look at some more video's.

Hey Gus what about the Evil Within ... http://store.steampowered.com/app/268050/  another one on my list for future consideration, when the horror theme strikes me. Of course i still have Dead space 2 in my games list unplayed.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rayfer

Quote from: bbmike on April 01, 2017, 11:57:32 AM

+1 We've travelled far down the yellow brick road.

Tpek

If only they had an actual release schedule to give.
Thing is, searching their Steam forum for release date shows they silence such questions.

jamus34

What about console games that already have the DLC on the disc of the game you're buying and still have to pay extra for?
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

I checked out Evil Within Budd but it did not grab me the same way Dying Light did. I haven't had time to get back to my pc today and started thinking maybe I should just switch over to Dishonored 2 - but I don't think it's quite scary enough. I also haven't played a strategy game of any kind in a while and would love to start up a Medieval 2 TW or Warhammer TW campaign soon. I also miss The Witcher 3 - got to get back to that soon too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: jamus34 on April 01, 2017, 02:42:47 PM

What about console games that already have the DLC on the disc of the game you're buying and still have to pay extra for?

PC games have that as well.
I remember the ruckus it caused (and how quickly it dissipated) when Bioshock 2 was found doing it.

Greybriar

Quote from: Tpek on April 02, 2017, 06:30:40 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on April 01, 2017, 02:42:47 PM

PC games have that as well.
I remember the ruckus it caused (and how quickly it dissipated) when Bioshock 2 was found doing it.

That type of thing has been going on for a long time. SSI's Panzer General II which was released in 1997 had a hidden scenario on its CD that had to be unlocked in order to access it The big difference between then and now was that it was free.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

Budd I bought Dying Light EE - fired it up just for a second and I can tell you straight away that the music grabbed me immediately...very John Carpenteresque.

Also Tyranny (Tranny) is on sale at Steam for ~30.00 right now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Quote from: Gusington on April 04, 2017, 01:51:28 PM
Budd I bought Dying Light EE - fired it up just for a second and I can tell you straight away that the music grabbed me immediately...very John Carpenteresque.

Also Tyranny (Tranny) is on sale at Steam for ~30.00 right now.
Post up your impressions when you get some play time. Worried that it's mostly running, without any gunning. You got me in the mood for some creepy games. Think I'll load up dead space 2 this weekend and give that a go.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.