The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: BC on June 18, 2017, 10:14:36 AM
Flight Simmers:

Should I get the FSX Steam Edition (+Piper Aztec Twin Pack) for 7.49 now, or wait for the Summer Sale and take a chance it goes on sale then, too?

It looks like a lot of fun through several YT vids I've seen, but I'm wondering if any of you have played it.

A few of us have gotten into that one and X-Plane.. FSX can be a very expensive hobby if you 'really get into it'.. Even the Steam edition though, the Engine is showing it's age. You might get beautiful graphics with Orbix, Rex, add on Airports and planes. But PC resources-wise, it can be tough to get good performance.  In FSX's case a faster CPU is more important than Video Card.

BanzaiCat

My video card isn't all that impressive, but the CPU isn't bad. I might give it a shot.

I can see how it can be a rabbit hole that's pretty endless, DLC-wise. I'd only want a few of the airliners, if those are included in the base pack.

Bummer is, I don't have a joystick, but I do have a game pad, which I failed to bring with me. If I bought it I wouldn't be able to do anything with it for a while.

Thanks, Tuna.

Tuna

Joystick is a must..

If you find yourself getting into it.. PMDG is the golden line of airliners.. very expensive, but they are awesome!..
http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/FSX/ngx8900.html

Also highly recommend ORBX.. but also very expensive.. only buy it when it's on sale!

Oh, then you'll need a Track IR..

err.. Active Sky next... so on and so on!!!  :crazy2:

BanzaiCat

Lord knows I don't need those expenses! Though it would be awesome to have a full set-up.

Heck, I'd love a driving rig too, to better play ATS!  :crazy2:

Jarhead0331

i recently picked up the Thrustmaster T.1600M FCS. I paid like $160 for the stick, throttle and rudder pedals. I'm very happy with them so far and am thinking about swapping them onto my main rig instead of the much more expensive X55 Rhino I'm currently using.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

Is there a drool emoticon?  :wow:

Tuna

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2017, 11:09:20 AM
i recently picked up the Thrustmaster T.1600M FCS. I paid like $160 for the stick, throttle and rudder pedals. I'm very happy with them so far and am thinking about swapping them onto my main rig instead of the much more expensive X55 Rhino I'm currently using.

I was looking at that when I was shopping for pedals. Ended up buying the CH pedals, which I really like. But I may still pick up that stick/throttle combo.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tuna on June 19, 2017, 01:13:44 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2017, 11:09:20 AM

I was looking at that when I was shopping for pedals. Ended up buying the CH pedals, which I really like. But I may still pick up that stick/throttle combo.

I also have the CH Pedals...I'm using them on my main rig with the X55. The T.Flight pedals feel better on my size 14 feet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bob48

JH, are you not tempted to up-grade to the X-56 Rhino HOTAS?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bob48 on June 19, 2017, 01:44:36 PM
JH, are you not tempted to up-grade to the X-56 Rhino HOTAS?

Tempted, but I'm not a huge fan of the X-55 and I feel a little cheated that they released the X-56 so soon after the release of the 55.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bob48

And they are not cheap. I just hope my old X-45 keeps going, although there is no support for it any more. I've found that it no longer retains setting in Elite, although it seems OK with FSX.

'Clip those corners'

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bob48 on June 19, 2017, 02:12:55 PM
And they are not cheap. I just hope my old X-45 keeps going, although there is no support for it any more. I've found that it no longer retains setting in Elite, although it seems OK with FSX.

I have a T.Flight HOTAS system that is practically brand new that I'd be willing to give you, but with shipping, not sure its worth it. Maybe BC is interested?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bob48

That is very generous of you, JH, but you're right - the shipping would be at a crazy rate and then I would have to pay customs duty, but the thought is very much appreciated.

'Clip those corners'

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2017, 02:33:10 PM

I have a T.Flight HOTAS system that is practically brand new that I'd be willing to give you, but with shipping, not sure its worth it. Maybe BC is interested?

Wow, really?!? Sure, I'd love to have it, JH!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: BC on June 19, 2017, 03:17:44 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 19, 2017, 02:33:10 PM

Wow, really?!? Sure, I'd love to have it, JH!

OK...I'll PM you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog