The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Just a reminder that some older Baseball Mogul and Football Mogul games are FREE   <:-)
.. at the Sports Mogul site.

$0 for Baseball & Football Mogul editions from 2014 and back to 2007. 

If you're the least bit interested in trying out some of the lighter sports GM text manager types of games, check out the free 2014 editions at the least.

https://www.sportsmogul.com/store/c2/baseballmogulstore

https://www.sportsmogul.com/footballmogul.html

EDIT:

I assembled a couple sets of MLB Logo packs for Baseball Mogul 2014  (att'd)

To Install:

1)  Go to BBM14's install location, and the   Skins->Sunshine->Logos  folder. 

2)  Select a stock logo in that folder, press CTRL+A to select all, and CTRL+C to copy them.  Copy those into a separate backup folder just in case.

3)  After unzipping the new logo folder you want to use (Old logs are from ~ a decade ago), copy, paste, and replace them over the old stock logos in the Skins>Sunshine>Logos install folder. 

4)  Start a new game.   :cowboy:

Nefaro

Was gonna attach the newer MLB logo versions but board flips out & no go.  Sry.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on April 02, 2018, 10:55:02 AM
Just a reminder that some older Baseball Mogul and Football Mogul games are FREE   <:-)

Even free might be too much for this line of games:)  They just released 2018 for the same full price they usually do and there isn't anything really included besides roster updates and bug fixes.  That has been their trend for years.

Grim.Reaper

double post

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 02, 2018, 04:08:57 PM

Even free might be too much for this line of games:)  They just released 2018 for the same full price they usually do and there isn't anything really included besides roster updates and bug fixes.  That has been their trend for years.

Free isn't good enough?

They're not making you purchase the new one.  *shrug* 

It does look like a lazy 2018 version, as are most of the Football versions, but that has no bearing on getting 2014 for free.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on April 02, 2018, 08:33:41 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 02, 2018, 04:08:57 PM

Free isn't good enough?

They're not making you purchase the new one.  *shrug* 

It does look like a lazy 2018 version, as are most of the Football versions, but that has no bearing on getting 2014 for free.

nope, not personally for me...just can't get any level of enjoyment out of this series, whether free or not.  it would just go unplayed.

mirth

Bought TOAW IV using the 30% Easter discount from S/M.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I was damned tempted by that one. But who wants enough battles to fight to last the next 25 years?  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

I own at least 3 versions of TOAW now.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Let you know when I get around to playing :P

Sir Slash

mirth

I installed it those morning. Hoping to get some play in this weekend.

Cyrano

I was involved in a Twitter discussion -- might have provoked it -- re: deficiency of design in the PC wargame environment.

An example held up by some of the problems of the form is TOAW, viz.:  it's an overly-generic input machine into which data sets are inserted and results spat out the other side.

Curious to know if one conflict feels sufficiently different from another...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

I've felt that way about more than a few table top games - just rolling dice and referencing the results on a chart. The period, weapons, tactics are irrelevant - just roll the bucket of dice.