Commander: The Great War 1.4.2 Official Patch releases!

Started by Lord Zimoa, February 26, 2014, 11:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Zimoa

Commander: The Great War has been updated to patch 1.4.2.

This patch brings a number of significant improvements and takes care of some annoying bugs. The Naval combat has been improved, the game has been made more balanced and the engine is more stable. These improvements, combined with the many other changes and fixes, have really refined this grand strategy game.

These are some of the major changes:

• New land unit Small Garrison added to the game.

• More Capitals, new cities and ports added.

• Much overall combat improvements and re-balancing.

• Naval gameplay aspect reinforced and improved.

• Big list of bug fixes, speed and stability improvements.
Patches for Commander: the Great War are NOT incremental, so you never need any older patches, just download and install the latest patch and you are always fine.

Click here to see the full changelog

Click here to download the patch

Al

Al

Anguille

Shelldrake

Thanks for the heads-up. Hope that Gus gets his internet issues solved so that we can have another match! :)
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Thanks for posting the patch links with the announcement here.

Digging for patches at Matrix' site is a pain.  I have to go through multiple pages and sort through titles alphabetically before reaching the d/l link.  Getting them from Slitherine's site is similar but worse. 

Would be nice just have an "Updates" link with the latest for each, in alphabetical order by title, on a single page. 

Gusington

Only 3-4 more weeks and then I will be able to access MP here again :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

PipFromSlitherine

Quote from: Nefaro on February 27, 2014, 08:41:48 AM

Digging for patches at Matrix' site is a pain.  I have to go through multiple pages and sort through titles alphabetically before reaching the d/l link.  Getting them from Slitherine's site is similar but worse. 

Would be nice just have an "Updates" link with the latest for each, in alphabetical order by title, on a single page.
Doesn't this page do what you are describing, or am I misunderstanding?

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/latestdownloads.asp

Cheers

Pip

Nefaro

Quote from: PipFromSlitherine on February 27, 2014, 01:54:19 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on February 27, 2014, 08:41:48 AM

Doesn't this page do what you are describing, or am I misunderstanding?

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/latestdownloads.asp

Cheers

Pip

Sure, but it takes more navigation to get to that point from the main Matrix page than it should IMO.