This is what happens when you get sucked into a jet engine

Started by Jarhead0331, February 02, 2012, 09:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

regardless, we probably need a "Don't Shoot The Tank" thread for this, and all similar stories
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Point well taken. NSFW is probably just going to attract the curious.

*Graphic Content* leading the title perhaps? It's a bit cumbersome, but it will be clear.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Windigo

Quote from: LongBlade on February 03, 2012, 11:33:12 AM
Smuck, the last time you told that story it was funnier. I think it was because it involved an inflatable raft and two male strippers.

and mazola oil and beercan chicken
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Greybriar

Quote from: LongBlade on February 03, 2012, 11:45:06 AM
Point well taken. NSFW is probably just going to attract the curious.

*Graphic Content* leading the title perhaps? It's a bit cumbersome, but it will be clear.
It seems to me that anyone with any intelligence at all should know "This is what happens when you get sucked into a jet engine" can't be a pretty sight.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Martok on February 02, 2012, 10:16:26 AM
My gods, that's horrible.  Definitely not the way I'd choose to go! 

Also:  Gods, I'm a schmuck.  I saw the thread's title, yet I clicked on it anyway! 

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 02, 2012, 10:01:27 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on February 02, 2012, 09:44:45 AM

Let's hope that Continental makes the poor bastard's family millionaires, or at least high hundred-thousandaires.

Why?  There is a strong chance it was his fault.
I will admit to wondering what he was doing in close proximity to a live jet engine in the first place...

I worked on an airport ramp for a year, loading and unloading luggage and bringing planes in to gates and pushing them out. You'd be amazed the number of people who are walking around a jet with at least one engine going and who have to be stopped from walking right in front of/behind the damn thing.

Martok

Thanks, Arctic Blast.  That does help explain things a little. 

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 02, 2012, 10:17:56 AM

Well, you know the old saying...curiosity killed the...jet engine repair mechanic?
Works for me! 

Smuck, the last time you told that story it was funnier. I think it was because it involved an inflatable raft and two male strippers.
Oh come on.  You're not even going to mention the dwarf and the unicyle?? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

Quote from: Martok on February 04, 2012, 07:18:02 AM
Thanks, Arctic Blast.  That does help explain things a little. 

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 02, 2012, 10:17:56 AM

Well, you know the old saying...curiosity killed the...jet engine repair mechanic?
Works for me! 

Oh come on.  You're not even going to mention the dwarf and the unicyle??

Honestly, I think I had blacked out by then. Whatever I may have done, I sincerely apologize.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.