Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Same image, without the height constraint, only the width.

Hm, not really getting more of a zoom than before, even with clicking to (supposedly) full 4096sq size.

(This was an experiment with the forum code.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

A quick-n-dirty economic impact of the current Russia + Ukraine fundamental production and export situation.

Con

A couple of quick thoughts on latest news
1. If I was a sailor on the ships that are being broadcasted in this article I would be pissed.  Ivan still has plenty of ways to put a hole in the side of her either during transit or when she docks
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-situation-report-m2-bradleys-have-begun-their-voyage-to-the-battlefield
2. Has anyone seen what the breakdown of injuries and deaths are in this war.  I suspect its got to be precision and quick directed arty and shrapnel as and drone strikes seem to have become real force multipliers

Con

GDS_Starfury

the russians wont touch that ship at all.  if it does the toy chest with be fully opened for the Ukraine.  :evil:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Con

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 01, 2023, 04:42:38 PMthe russians wont touch that ship at all.  if it does the toy chest with be fully opened for the Ukraine.  :evil:
Plausible deniability is all they need - just like with the pipeline
Plus it would quiet the propagandists at home.
Get one of those mine trained dolphins to do the dirty work
Con

Sir Slash

Or an Underwater Suicide Drone? 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

the very end of this clip of russian state tv bs is where the idea of sinking the freighter originates at the 7:02 mark:
gotta love russian disinformation warfare.

FarAway Sooner

I thought the Russians had moved to self-organizing nanobots masquerading as plankton that can assemble themselves into a sea-borne laser at a moment's notice? 

In case you couldn't tell, the Russians hate whales almost as much as Ukrainian independence.

GDS_Starfury

the clip of that host calling for an airborne assault on Berlin is hysterical.

Windigo

Coming to the Ukrainian Theatre: Ground Launched Small Diameter Bombs (GLSDBs) - 150kM range

"The GLSDB is equipped with an ultra-low fragmentation, carbon fibre case warhead with 57.6 kg Insensitive Munition-certified explosive fill. "

Funny way to say almost 58 kg of "boom"

If and when the UAF gets these in quantity.... it will make things more interesting for the ruskies.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 02, 2023, 11:14:02 AMthe clip of that host calling for an airborne assault on Berlin is hysterical.
Canada has that contingency covered, Platoons of Cobra Chickens in Senator AFVs
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

So the GLSDB bombs are, 'Insensitive'. Good. Bombs should never be sensitive, they have a job to do.  :grumpy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

that means they wont blow up easily when exposed to fire or nearby explosions.