Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

On the other hand, they can't score the many morale benefits of having kittens cuddling up in their jackets.  :grin:  :kiss:

("Sensitive".)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Yeah, and I bet they don't get the really hot girls either. If they can't cry I mean.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

Guys who can cry only get the really hot girls after the age of 25.  No hot 22-year old woman wants a boyfriend known for his tearful displays of emotion. 

Unless he's also a well-paid professional athlete.  They're allowed to cry when they lose games, so long as they are rugged and physical sports (soccer counts, cricket doesn't).

Sir Slash

Good point! This man knows his 22 year-olds.  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^As Larry from Three's Company used to say to Jack...

"You dirty dog!"
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 03, 2023, 01:16:43 PMGuys who can cry only get the really hot girls after the age of 25.  No hot 22-year old woman wants a boyfriend known for his tearful displays of emotion.

I feel like this invalidates the entire "bishie" phenomenon from manga/anime, where girls swoon over the "cute-boys" (Bishonen). But maybe that's performative swooning...

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Bishonen
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

GDS_Starfury

revelations about Pratts hidden henti addiction aside it seems that the Ukrainians might be giving up Bahkmut soon.

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Well, hi there VDV! Glad to see you out in target range!  :evil:

Sir Slash

They should leave a supply of vodka behind when they go. The Russian Army would be out of commission for a week. 

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 03, 2023, 11:04:58 PMThey should leave a supply of vodka behind when they go. The Russian Army would be out of commission for a week. 

That's funny because while I laugh at the face of it, it's sadly not accurate.

I read a report of a UK volunteer fighting in Bakhmut, might have had some of his stuff posted earlier in the thread.  But he reported that the Wagner troops they were mowing down were all, the ones that lived, massively drunk and high.

They were being fed cheap vodka and drugs to just advance, under fire, and dig trenches. The UAF troops said they operate like zombies.  The trenches were for the more trained troops to advance and use as staging for assault.

So...no. Vodka isn't keeping the Russians out of commission.  They're using it as an assault enhancer.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

theres a whole chapter in Hacketts Untold Stories of the Third World War.
essentially cluster bombs filled with tomato sizes globes of vodka dropped on advancing troops.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

Quote from: SirAndrewD on February 03, 2023, 11:57:32 PMSo...no. Vodka isn't keeping the Russians out of commission.  They're using it as an assault enhancer.

Which, to be fair, could be expected from being Russian -- not being put out of action!  :RockOn:

Sir Slash

If they want to get the troops to charge out of the trenches at the enemy into certain death, instead of giving them vodka, they should just post pics of Vlad topless on horseback everywhere.  :HideEyes:   I actually remember reading about the Russian troops in WWII discovering huge caches of liquor and getting roaringly drunk and refusing to fight, singing and dancing. Who could blame them? Then or now.