11 Libyan jetliners missing...

Started by steve58, September 02, 2014, 05:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

...from Tripoli after Islamist militias in Libya took control of them last month...and we're just now hearing about it?

Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners last month, and western intelligence agencies recently issued a warning that the jets could be used in terrorist attacks across North Africa.

Intelligence reports of the stolen jetliners were distributed within the U.S. government over the past two weeks and included a warning that one or more of the aircraft could be used in an attack later this month on the date marking the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks against New York and Washington, said U.S. officials familiar with the reports.

"There are a number of commercial airliners in Libya that are missing," said one official. "We found out on September 11 what can happen with hijacked planes."

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/missing-libyan-jetliners-raise-fears-of-suicide-airliner-attacks-on-911/

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

not much they can do with them really.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

for what?  what they have cant reach the US.  they wont be able to breach European air space.  where are they going?

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

The article said that there were a bunch of Airbus jetliners in the Libyan fleet. Those can't reach Western Europe or N. America?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Not without filing flight plans with European and N. American ATC.

Assuming they don't want an armed aerial welcome wagon while still over water, of course.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Hmm...OK then. But I'm sure they will use their collective imaginations to think of something...'new.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on September 02, 2014, 09:03:24 PM
Maybe target Israel?

:2funny:

that airspace and the approaches to it have got to be among the most heavily scanned, patrolled and armed in the world.

jejo68

they could sell them for a hefty profit

MikeGER

there is enuf shit they can do unfortunately  :(

they can try to close shadow an airliner (probably a freighter) that it looks like one plane  (or a software glitch ;) ) at least on 3rd world civilian radar
they can ram an airliner at flight altitude  or try to bring it down without crashing itself
they can ram a non military high value target (cruiseship or tanker) on the open seas

fortunately those planes need maintenance ... and are hard to hide parked on the ground     

Mr. Bigglesworth

They could also ram embassys in Africa.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598