wth is wrong with that officer

Started by jejo68, April 09, 2015, 10:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

mirth

That's better. The TEEHEE was uncalled for.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

mirth

Hell dude, my last f*ck set sail a long time ago. It must be further out than Voyager 1.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

Hopefully this restores faith in the police:

mirth

Toonces

That cop will be lucky if he gets off without the death penalty.   That was pretty blatantly murder.

That one part where he bends over...the camera moves off of him...then he walks over and drops the tazer by the body.  Was he bending over and wiping prints off the taser?  Just speculation on my part with that one.

Wouldn't the taser have a serial number that could be traced back to the cop?

Anyway, based on that video, this cop is in for a really bad time. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

I heard a cop speculate that he was just trying to preserve the scene by keeping the taser close to the victim, but that sounded like BS to me. I dunno.

Gusington

This cop is screwed. I don't know what was going through his head. The black guy should not have run, but, like others have said, that's no reason for him to be shot down. I also think that if the incident was not recorded on video, the cop would most likely be free right now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

Looks like the Stazi in North America.

The guy was a fool for running. I do belive running is not a capital offense. A tackle, one punch before cuffing would have been ok. Any more is mad dogs looking for an excuse to beat on people. 8 shots in the back at 30ft is pure murder. I wonder how many officers of various types are so salivating over the chance to be the big hero that takes down king bad guy that they just start 'shoot now, let the paperwork will sort them out.'

Its a slippery slope for people with a gun to become the oppressors. Many countries have gone down that path, not by accident. It was s deliberate decision to get tough on crime or minorities or foreign subversives. That way lies hell.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Greybriar

Quote from: jejo68 on April 09, 2015, 10:45:11 AM
Hope he gets fried

Well, the officer, Michael T. Slager, is being charged with murder according to The New York Times.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bayonetbrant

this was released yesterday through different media

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

I don't think you need to be a "professional race agitator" to be appalled by what was shown in that video.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: mirth on April 10, 2015, 10:44:31 AM
I don't think you need to be a "professional race agitator" to be appalled by what was shown in that video.

Agreed. Very poor choice of words. He would have been better served talking about what can be done to avoid such a tragedy in the future. 

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.