Shooting at Muhammad cartoon event in Texas

Started by Airborne Rifles, May 04, 2015, 01:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airborne Rifles

Anybody following this?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/04/us/garland-mohammed-drawing-contest-shooting/index.html

Too early to really make any informed judgements other than that off-duty cop has to be an incredibly good shot.

Centurion40

Yeah, I've been following it.

The two men carrying assault rifles began shooting at a police car at the event in Garland, Texas, on Sunday. They were shot dead by an off-duty traffic officer with a pistol, Garland Police spokesman Joe Harn said at a news conference.

Event officials paid $10,000 for security at the event. The officer who fatally shot the two gunmen likely saved lives, Harn said. He wouldn't release the name of the officer, but said "his reaction, and his shooting with a pistol, he did a good job."

Because of the provocative nature of the cartoon event, a bomb squad, the FBI, a SWAT team and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were all in place at the event Sunday in case of any incidents, police revealed.

The two gunmen were killed after opening fire outside the contest venue and a bomb squad was called in to search their vehicle as a precaution, authorities said. No bombs were found.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/prophet-muhammad-cartoon-shooting-police-had-planned-security-for-months-1.3059927

I'm waiting for more info on the attackers.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Airborne Rifles

The two men carrying assault rifles began shooting at a police car at the event in Garland, Texas, on Sunday. They were shot dead by an off-duty traffic officer with a pistol, Garland Police spokesman Joe Harn said at a news conference.

Event officials paid $10,000 for security at the event. The officer who fatally shot the two gunmen likely saved lives, Harn said. He wouldn't release the name of the officer, but said "his reaction, and his shooting with a pistol, he did a good job."

Because of the provocative nature of the cartoon event, a bomb squad, the FBI, a SWAT team and the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were all in place at the event Sunday in case of any incidents, police revealed.

The two gunmen were killed after opening fire outside the contest venue and a bomb squad was called in to search their vehicle as a precaution, authorities said. No bombs were found.

I have to say...that sounds almost like an ambush set up by law enforcement.

Nefaro

Texas has figured out how to eliminate domestic Islamic Terrorism:  set a trap.  Great job.  Plenty more left to perforate.  O0

Posted by 'ChiJohn' at the Drive-Thru:

;D

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on May 04, 2015, 02:24:47 PM
Texas has figured out how to eliminate domestic Islamic Terrorism:  set a trap.  Great job.  Plenty more left to perforate.  O0

Posted by 'ChiJohn' at the Drive-Thru:

;D

Yeah, that was kinda my first thought.  O0
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Centurion40

Gusington

These two holy warriors were clearly not the brightest. In their communications they could not spell mujahadeen. And well there's the whole attacking anything in Texas. Good riddance.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

If every civilized person everywhere would mock Muhammad, all day every day, the extremist Muslims would all get themselves killed or else suffer spontaneous head explosions from the sheer horror of having their tiny worldview so terribly violated. A few would actually get over themselves and come a bit closer to the 21st century.

Then all the peaceful Muslims and other good people could skip into the future, holding hands, and not having to look over their shoulders for any more terrorists.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Greybriar

Quote from: Ubercat on May 05, 2015, 08:59:17 AM
If every civilized person everywhere would mock Muhammad, all day every day, the extremist Muslims would all get themselves killed or else suffer spontaneous head explosions from the sheer horror of having their tiny worldview so terribly violated. A few would actually get over themselves and come a bit closer to the 21st century.

Then all the peaceful Muslims and other good people could skip into the future, holding hands, and not having to look over their shoulders for any more terrorists.

That's a nice thought.  O0
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Centurion40

It is a nice thought, but you go first Uber.  Mock that douchebag.  ;) >:D

airboy

Quote from: Ubercat on May 05, 2015, 08:59:17 AM

How eloquent!  Do you have a book of philosophy on Amazon?

Ubercat

Quote from: Centurion40 on May 05, 2015, 09:18:18 AM
It is a nice thought, but you go first Uber.  Mock that douchebag.  ;) >:D

I knew that was coming.  ;D

I would, except that I have a family. If I were alone, you can bet that I'd be first in line.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell