Not the "237 Years of Defending Freedom" thread

Started by 0kult13, June 15, 2012, 01:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 16, 2012, 05:23:46 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on June 15, 2012, 10:10:45 AM
No doubt.  I wish I could remember the dude's username.  He posted his pics, looking for love, at both the WG and ACG.  I'd dig-up the pic for analysis!!

I don't know why everybody was so shitty towards that guy.  (DevilDog, I think).  He seemed decent enough to me and made a lot of good ArmA II missions.  Kind of sad how the guy was dogpiled, I thought.
No one was "shitty" towards DevilDog (yes that was his WG name) until he started making his claims about having served in both the Army and Marines.  Some of the stuff he was saying didn't quite add up, and he left in a huff when a few of our guys (most of whom *had* served in the Army or Marines) had the temerity to actually question him about it.  ::) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Silent Disapproval Robot

Not how I remember it.  Then again, I didn't pay that much attention.  I thought he ended up coming up with his proof with pics of certifications and kit and whatnot right before he bailed.

0kult13

Quote from: meadbelly on June 16, 2012, 08:18:53 PM
Quote from: 0kult13 on June 16, 2012, 05:06:01 PM
^ well said meadbelly +1 like

If you liked it so much, 0, keep it mind the next time you avoid personal responsibility for your actions by claiming bullshit like you "had to say something." You wanted to say something, and as usual, it was deliberately provocative. If you want to be deliberately provocative, try to have the balls to admit it.

Unfortunately, you want the effect of your words, but you don't want to take responsibility for saying them; ergo bullshit rhetoric implying you had no choice but to be provocative.

When you have the courage of your convictions, we can talk about respect.

deliberately provocative, mmm maybe in the world of the waltons. The smiley indicates a joke dude, not to mention its a more factual than the title, those 10 towns called freedom have been protected by the us army for 237 years  ;D.  Still dig your first post tho.

Airborne Rifles

As a soldier I've always been uncomfortable with phrases like "defending freedom."  More accurate for me would be defending the rule of law, or to make it even fore basic, protecting the non-violent from the violent.

LongBlade

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on June 17, 2012, 09:30:28 AM
As a soldier I've always been uncomfortable with phrases like "defending freedom."  More accurate for me would be defending the rule of law, or to make it even fore basic, protecting the non-violent from the violent.

That is an excellent point. IIRC the oath that is taken is to "protect and defend the Constitution." It's probably best to keep in mind that goal. The outcome, of course, is Freedom, but ultimately the Constitution can be amended at will, so it's best to keep in mind the entire document instead of portions of what we perceive it to be.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 17, 2012, 12:02:21 AM
Not how I remember it.  Then again, I didn't pay that much attention.  I thought he ended up coming up with his proof with pics of certifications and kit and whatnot right before he bailed.

He didn't come up with any proof to back up his claims of being SF.  Nobody accused him of never serving in the military, but his claims of being in combat with SF units was clearly utter unadulterated bull$hit.  As if his tales bravado weren't enough to cast him out as a poser, he was reposting other people's photographs taken from the DOD website and claiming they were his and that he was pictured in them. I PMed him, Smuck PMed him and a few other veterans PMed him too to try to find out the scoop and he blew us off.  Wouldn't answer any of our polite questions.   He was full of $hit, plain and simply and when he was called on it, he simply disappeared.

This would bother you had you ever served. Veterans tend to take offense when someone embellishes or lies about their service record.  You, on the other hand, just miss his really cool ARMAII videos. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

Not true!

I also miss some of the missions he made or linked to.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on June 17, 2012, 09:30:28 AM

That's a really, really good point, AB. Back when Clinton was first inaugurated and there was so much tension between him and the military, a friend of mine who had never served asked me quite seriously if I thought the military would stage a coup. I informed him that he had no understanding of our military to even ask that question. I never had any doubt but that the military would salute and follow their lawful orders, with "lawful" always being the key word.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 17, 2012, 04:51:16 PM
Not true!

I also miss some of the missions he made or linked to.

;D

Well, I'm sure we didn't chase the guy off of the internet!  He's got to be posting somewhere, right?  Unless of course he is off on a super secret special operation in the mountains of Afghanistan...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

I hate people that play the I was in the military game.
this is also why Smuck loves to put me in his service photos on FB.  every time I yank his chain he fucks with me like that.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

son_of_montfort

^ you don't use that game to pick up chicks?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Centurion40

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 17, 2012, 09:55:21 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 17, 2012, 12:02:21 AM

He didn't come up with any proof to back up his claims of being SF.  Nobody accused him of never serving in the military, but his claims of being in combat with SF units was clearly utter unadulterated bull$hit.  As if his tales bravado weren't enough to cast him out as a poser, he was reposting other people's photographs taken from the DOD website and claiming they were his and that he was pictured in them. I PMed him, Smuck PMed him and a few other veterans PMed him too to try to find out the scoop and he blew us off.  Wouldn't answer any of our polite questions.   He was full of $hit, plain and simply and when he was called on it, he simply disappeared.

This would bother you had you ever served. Veterans tend to take offense when someone embellishes or lies about their service record.  You, on the other hand, just miss his really cool ARMAII videos.

Yeah!  That's the cat right there!  The guy seemed to have an unusual amount MOS changes.  Over at ACG, he stated that he was a Kiwi who joined the Marines (not getting enough line action or something like that), then joined the Army where he had at least 2 MOS' (most recent being ordinance disposal, claiming to be attached to a Delta Sabre Squadron, though not an Operator himself.  Then the last I read he was leaving the Army to join that Machine Gun Preacher's outfit.  He quits any given website where he gets questioned or does not receive an adequate level or worship and adoration.
Any time is a good time for pie.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

My avatar can kick 0kult13's avatar 9 outta 10times.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

my avatar can kill both your avatars with a hefty boop bounce.