What are you doing different as a shut-in?

Started by airboy, March 25, 2020, 04:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I could not play the RE2 remake for more than an hour. It was just too gory for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

I already worked 90% of the time from home as I am in IT and support some critical systems for our municipal government. Our whole team were already teleworking almost full time for the last 7 years or so. I maybe went in to the office about once or twice a month so it hasn't been much of a change for me.

Our IT department has worked hard to set up many employees to work from home including adding new hardware as quickly as possible and most people are now set up.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Yskonyn

Quote from: WallysWorld on March 26, 2020, 09:49:20 PM
I already worked 90% of the time from home as I am in IT and support some critical systems for our municipal government. Our whole team were already teleworking almost full time for the last 7 years or so. I maybe went in to the office about once or twice a month so it hasn't been much of a change for me.

Our IT department has worked hard to set up many employees to work from home including adding new hardware as quickly as possible and most people are now set up.

No need to emphasize 'it', we are ALL in it together! ;-P
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Anguille

Not much actually, except that i work from home and my kids share my office in the morning for home schooling. I don't have more time than usual...

Gusington

I have less time than ever, actually. I'm feeling very fortunate for that, though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Well unfortunately the problems from being isolated are starting to hit.  My hip dislocated last night.  I have an inherited problem.

I go to the gym and do light weight training religiously.  I've not been to the gym since this accelerated - about a month now.  And I've lost muscle mass and my hip has started going out.  Nothing can really be done for it - except the weight training.  Think of it as regular physical therapy.  This is only going to get worse during April.

At least I have the Scotch.

Skoop

Man, you should do some swimming if you can get to a pool.  Best thing for any ortho injury.  Even walking with weights in chest deep water is great for hip injuries.

airboy

Quote from: Skoop on April 05, 2020, 03:21:36 PM
Man, you should do some swimming if you can get to a pool.  Best thing for any ortho injury.  Even walking with weights in chest deep water is great for hip injuries.

Thanks - we have a pool until we get it taken out later this year.  A little cold - but I can probably walk around at high noon in it.  Unfortunately - it is not configured to swim with a long shallow stretch. 

Sir Slash

Hope your hip gets better AB. It's not quite warm enough here to get pool party going just yet, even with scotch. But soon.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

matt3916

How much scotch do you have to pour into your pool to warm it?

Dammit Carl!

At least warm it using cheap scotch.

As a "needed," worker in the construction/civil engineering/transportation world, I'm still out and about (as is the Mrs. though she does community outreach/help stuff) and we're not complaining as we still have jobs.  Can say that I get the feel like I did before going on convoys and shit in Iraq/Afghanistan that "it is what it is," before going outside the wire each day now.  It's oddly comforting and frightening at the same time.  Shit'll get me.  Just a matter of when.

Figured my end would be more explodey or shooty rather than drowning in bed but...

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I pour the scotch into ME to warm the pool. No, it doesn't really work but it makes it so I don't really give a damn.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

We may take a scenic drive tomorrow.  With the Prius I'll only have to go to the gas station once for the entire trip.  I filled up today at $1.47 with the lowest I saw on the drive to pick up my taxes being $1.43.

Sir Slash