Germany - Plot to Overthrow the German Government 2022

Started by ArizonaTank, December 07, 2022, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

solops

I take back everything I said. It is quite obvious that this is all related to the ongoing rivalry between peanut butter and hazelnut spreads.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on December 08, 2022, 03:06:48 AM
I take back everything I said. It is quite obvious that this is all related to the ongoing rivalry between peanut butter and hazelnut spreads.

Nutella is the bomb.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

I love you guys for keeping it civil. 

Back on topic, I wouldn't be surprised if Russia did have something to do with this.  It's crazy right now in Europe so who knows?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2022, 04:14:17 AM
Nutella is the bomb.

Troof.

-big ol' spoonful of Nutella and Honey Peanut Butter = breakfast for me sometimes

Sir Slash

How many Kaisers does it take to screw-in a light bulb? Only one, but you have to have 12 other guys named, 'Heinrich' to go ahead of him.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Russia habitually throws a ton of pickle-slices up in all directions to see if any will stick on windows, and if so for how long.

So, sure: "Natalia A" could be real. But "she" doesn't necessarily mean anything about actual Russian plotting. First, open up opportunities, then if they stick try something if you get the chance. Meanwhile your enemies have little clear idea what you might be up to -- because you aren't necessarily up to anything on any given ploy.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 08, 2022, 04:14:17 AM
Quote from: solops on December 08, 2022, 03:06:48 AM

Nutella is the bomb.

So true. But, for some reason,2 out of three of my kids like peanut butter.

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 08, 2022, 12:03:26 PM
So, sure: "Natalia A" could be real. But "she" doesn't necessarily mean anything about actual Russian plotting.

AAAAND,  surely it did not escape notice of the similarity between  "Natalia A" and "Nutella"!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: solops on December 08, 2022, 12:15:49 PM
AAAAND,  surely it did not escape notice of the similarity between  "Natalia A" and "Nutella"!

According to DW the Russian national they have in custody is Vitalia B. so not as cool as the previously misattributed name. 

I prefer Natalia A. as well.  Sounds hotter. (I dated a Russian named Natalia in college, total freak)  The two names sound fitting for some adult oriented cinema.

The Russians today denied she had any connection to the Russian government and her visits to the Russian Embassy in Berlin were unrelated to the arrests and charges. 

The German Federal police said they expect at least 50 more arrests and two arrests were made outside Germany.  Their next phase of investigation takes them to Heinrich's home in Thuringia.

Allegations are that Heinrich had been organizing the plot at his Golf and Hunting Lodge which he renamed the "Princely Hickory Golf Club Reuss."  Many of the arrested were regular visitors there.

The Reichsbürger movement dates back as far as 2009 as a conglomeration of pro-imperial movements that have their origins in the 70's and gained prominence when they attempted for form militias and stockpile weapons.  That led to their labeling as a terrorist group in 2016 police investigating a weapon stockpile in Reuden were ambushed by a Reichsbürger leading to one officer being killed and two wounded.

In 2017 Heinrich sued the German government for loss of finances due to appropriation of art and cultural assets and won €3.1 million.   He used that money to grow lodge and tried to form a people's militia in 2018, which was thwarted when German police siezed a shipment of illegal weapons in  Höxter along with literature for members describing the coming "Day X".

In 2019 at the World Web Forum in Zurich, Heinrich had a speech where he demanded the dissolution of the false German government and restoration of the monarchy, which led to him to be booed off stage.  Twitter savaged him with quite a few mockingly declaring him Heinrich XIII, a title the Reichsbürger's quickly adopted.   

To be a member of the Reichsbürger's you must get an Imperial Passport that acknowledges Heinrich as the head of state along with Imperial ID cards.   The German police say that their membership in 2019 was small, only around 8000 with 2000 or so that they felt were armed based on gun registration records.  Residents in Thuringia report they received mailings recently that said they would soon be required to report for the issuance of valid Imperial passports.  Their complaints was confirmed by the mayor of Bad Lobenstein.

Heinrich's son was interviewed today and described his father as a confused old man that bought into conspiracy theories.  He has strong delusions of grandeur that were fed by people that deliberately were getting close to him to use him for their own radicalized ends.

There's other stuff about them post 2020 but that seems a prickly subject so I'll avoid it.  All I'll say from my reading is that they used the events of that year to greatly expand their tent and membership.  That and the recent war in Ukraine allegedly had convinced some of their leadership that the environment was becoming favorable for them to stand some chance of success.

And honestly, color me surprised.  I really had no clue there was a monarchist movement in Germany let alone that there was an actual pretender with an even small following. 

Based on the info I'd imagine their chances of pulling this off were only slightly larger than a snowball's chance in Death Valley.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 08, 2022, 02:13:39 PM
Based on the info I'd imagine their chances of pulling this off were only slightly larger than a snowball's chance in Death Valley.

This whole thing reminds me of Aaron Burr's (yes, the guy who shot Alexander Hamilton) 1806 "plot" to use a bedazzled rich guy on Blennerhassett Island in the Ohio River to stage a rebellion and according to some sources name himself Emperor.

I suspect Burr's chances were only slightly better than Heinrich XIII's...although Burr does seem to have had at least the ear of the top US Army general at the time.

https://www.history.com/news/aaron-burrs-notorious-treason-case
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

I feel bad for the guy. Growing-up named, 'Heinrich' you know he was called, 'Heine' most of his life.  :hide:  That would make me want to overthrow somebody.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 09, 2022, 01:53:42 PM
I feel bad for the guy. Growing-up named, 'Heinrich' you know he was called, 'Heine' most of his life.  :hide:  That would make me want to overthrow somebody.

I'm 100% sure the oversexed alcoholic British super spy that thwarted his plans called him that after he beat up his pickelhaube flinging henchman.

Also pretty sure he had a three way with Natalia and Vitalia afterwards.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 09, 2022, 02:09:01 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on December 09, 2022, 01:53:42 PM

I'm 100% sure the oversexed alcoholic British super spy that thwarted his plans called him that after he beat up his pickelhaube flinging henchman.

Also pretty sure he had a three way with Natalia and Vitalia afterwards.

Mein Gott! (drops monocole in shock)

Sir Slash