Main Menu

Wild Friday

Started by Tripoli, March 24, 2023, 03:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Hmm.  I see you slackers are trying to recycle last week's Friday thread by posting on in this week.  :TimeOut:   Rules are it's gotta be a new song, like John Mellencamp's version of "Wild Nights":

Me?  BoC work.  Combat Mission Tournament.  And writing description files for CMO.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

CaptainKoloth

I'm getting into a bad habit of playing nothing but DCS these days. The combination of the multithreading performance improvements and my work schedule mean I haven't made much time to play anything else. This week picked up in the sale a Mirage 2000, Mi-8, Viggen, and JF-17 - got a lot of learning to do!

Gusington

:Dreamer: Can I recycle my post?

Looking at Warlord: Britannia, King Arthur: Knight's Tale, Crusader Kings III and Assassin's Creed Valhalla for the weekend now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Yet more Pathfinder War of the Righteous...Gotta love the Hellknights :-)

The new Ad Gefrin Whisky Distillery opens this weekend (Ad Gefrin) less than 200 yards from my house :-)

I will be indulging in some quality assurance of their Tac'n Bora offering as I sweep demons aside. Life is sweet.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

al_infierno

Resident Evil 4, which rules so far.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dammit Carl!

Welp, HumbleBundle has a slew of Warhammer 40k rpg items available, so in addition to feeding my eyeballs a sumptuous meal of WH40K verbage, Imma gonna stomp some Xenos via Deathwing and possibly loading up some Vermintide to cleanse the Empire of Skaven scum.

Lawdy, that makes 3-4 iterations of Space Hulk I've had on the computer at some point over the years if I stop and think about it.  Still got my 1st ed. Space Hulk boardgame and add-ons too.  Gotta pull them out at some point...

For the Emperor!

Pete Dero

Combat Mission Red Thunder (Fire and Rumble) campaign.

Have a nice weekend.

Gusington

A distillery less than 200 yards for you devon is like me opening my own brewery  :twirl:

Post impressions of RE4, al!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I'm sorry, I was too busy objectifying the actress in that Mellencamp video...  What were we talking about again?

Ah yes, the Friday thread!  I'm going to do some Distant Worlds 2, or maybe Oxygen Not Included.  Or, if I get lazy, I'll fall back into Monster Train or Monster Slayer.

Phantom

As to my weekend, I'm becoming semi-addicted to Pax Renaissance - probably the cleverest game I've ever played & definitely a "desert island choice" - the Fuggers are in trouble in this one...
You cannot view this attachment.

jamus34

Quote from: Phantom on March 25, 2023, 07:32:32 AMAs to my weekend, I'm becoming semi-addicted to Pax Renaissance - probably the cleverest game I've ever played & definitely a "desert island choice" - the Fuggers are in trouble in this one...
You cannot view this attachment.

No idea what that game is about but just from the board layout I'm intrigued
Insert witty comment here.

Pete Dero

devoncop

Love the artwork in that game. I have no opponent for tabletop gaming (or a sufficiently tolerant spouse for such activities :knuppel2: ) but the concept of a PC game based in such a setting with all the intrigue and duplicity it involved would be a definite winner for me.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Destraex

War of Rights
DCS - a friend got Black Shark III
Starcraft II
Diablo IV Free BETA - so far same old with spectacular graphics and cuscenes but no meat in the gameplay combat... just endless clicking. I tried playing this with a friend and he just talked all over the cutscenes and killed the enemies before me as he was twice my level. The game tends to be a race against each other when you are playing in a party. Unless you are playing with very very good friends that are patient and work for the group. My friend of course is in it for the long haul, I was just trying it.
Company of Heroes 3

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Groggy

Quote from: Destraex on March 25, 2023, 08:55:28 PMDiablo IV Free BETA - so far same old with spectacular graphics and cuscenes but no meat in the gameplay combat... just endless clicking. I tried playing this with a friend and he just talked all over the cutscenes and killed the enemies before me as he was twice my level. The game tends to be a race against each other when you are playing in a party. Unless you are playing with very very good friends that are patient and work for the group. My friend of course is in it for the long haul, I was just trying it.

I played it last night. I thought it was pretty cool and had a lot of fun playing a female necromancer with her force of skeletons. I took it at face value as a free beta, but I also thought it had some meat on its bones like the skill tree and the customization options available for your character. The dungeons were a blast to play and truth be told, the combat in Diablo has always been endless clicking. For me, it's all about the loot and experimenting with the different skills.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman