Evil Terrorist caught and extrodited

Started by 0kult13, February 24, 2012, 07:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0kult13

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17146487

That will teach him to sell battery's to Eastasia, the ministry of peace is right there are terrorists everywhere, your family,under your bed, neigbours even the quite old gent in your golf club. Suspect everyone, and report any suspisious behavour. We on the verge of a war with Eastasia for god sake.   

Jarhead0331

Quote from: 0kult13 on February 24, 2012, 07:55:36 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17146487

That will teach him to sell battery's to Eastasia, the ministry of peace is right there are terrorists everywhere, your family,under your bed, neigbours even the quite old gent in your golf club. Suspect everyone, and report any suspisious behavour. We on the verge of a war with Eastasia for god sake.

Why are you using the word "Eastasia"?  That term is not used anywhere, not even once in your linked article.  No need to be coy about it.  The word the article uses is "Iran."  He was caught selling batteries to Iran for use by Iran in Iranian Hawk Missile Defense systems.

He denies the allegations and claims he was entrapped.  OK, so let the evidence come out in court and decision be rendered on the facts.  Interesting that the article doesn't even mention the evidence against him. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

0kult13

Yeah i read between the lines and add a little sparkle  ;D. less i just copy n paste from the ministry of truths website.

What are the beeb really trying to say with this article.

LongBlade

I believe Okult is making reference to 1984.

The problem isn't that we're in a 1984 landscape, the problem is this guy was selling dual use technology to Iran.

What is missing from the article is any refutation of guilt: both the UK and the US seem to believe he violated the law.

What's the problem?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Sorry...its only been 25 years since I read that one.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

0kult13

Still sneaky Ingsoc get the americans not only to pay for it all but do all the hard work as well.

LongBlade

Gimme a break.

This guy wasn't accidentally selling dual use tech to Iran. We're not talking about selling nine volt Duracels to Guam. He was selling items that he knew could be used by Iran to make weapons they shouldn't have.

It's a dangerous game and he let greed overcome good judgment. He's guilty and deserves jail time. Lots of it. Hopefully the rest of his life.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: LongBlade on February 24, 2012, 11:30:14 AM
Gimme a break.

This guy wasn't accidentally selling dual use tech to Iran. We're not talking about selling nine volt Duracels to Guam. He was selling items that he knew could be used by Iran to make weapons they shouldn't have.

It's a dangerous game and he let greed overcome good judgment. He's guilty and deserves jail time. Lots of it. Hopefully the rest of his life.

Agree.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

0kult13

I agree too, Iran should not be allowed a surface to air missile defence system, only the UK and our allies should have them. At least there not trying to build a nuclear bomb,

well according to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta

"they [the Iranians] trying to develop a nuclear weapon? No. But we know that they're trying to develop a nuclear capability. And that's what concerns us."

and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper

"high level of confidence" that Iran "has not made a decision as of this point to restart its nuclear weapons program."

Reminds me of something that dude who worked for NASA, Wernher von Braun

"They're inventing enemies he (Von Braun) said, against whom they are going to build this space-based weapon system—the first of whom was the Russians which was existing at that time.  Then there would be terrorists (check), then there would be third world countries, now we call them rogue nations or nations of concern (check).  Then there would be asteroids.  And then he would repeat to me over and over 'and the last card, the last, the last card would be the extraterrestrial threat'...you will find that there is going to be a spin to find some enemy against whom we have to build space based weapons and now we should expect the spin."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5SvJpGuv0

Who knows, tin foil hat stuff, but sovs, terrorists, rogue nations he's not done badly so far.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: 0kult13 on February 24, 2012, 02:35:34 PM
I agree too, Iran should not be allowed a surface to air missile defence system, only the UK and our allies should have them. At least there not trying to build a nuclear bomb,

well according to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta

"they [the Iranians] trying to develop a nuclear weapon? No. But we know that they're trying to develop a nuclear capability. And that's what concerns us."

and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper

"high level of confidence" that Iran "has not made a decision as of this point to restart its nuclear weapons program."

Reminds me of something that dude who worked for NASA, Wernher von Braun

"They're inventing enemies he (Von Braun) said, against whom they are going to build this space-based weapon system—the first of whom was the Russians which was existing at that time.  Then there would be terrorists (check), then there would be third world countries, now we call them rogue nations or nations of concern (check).  Then there would be asteroids.  And then he would repeat to me over and over 'and the last card, the last, the last card would be the extraterrestrial threat'...you will find that there is going to be a spin to find some enemy against whom we have to build space based weapons and now we should expect the spin."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5SvJpGuv0

Who knows, tin foil hat stuff, but sovs, terrorists, rogue nations he's not done badly so far.

I'm not sure what is a greater threat to international security...countries like Iran who openly admit they want to destroy the West, or idiots who deny the existence of a clear and present danger and then blame his own countrymen and their allies as being the real enemy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

0kult13

;D lol i trust the uk goverment as much as they trust me. If Iran is such a threat why not spend £500mil to watch the public over there

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/skyuknews-14438125/cctv-british-are-world-s-most-watched-people-28373293.html

"CCTV: British Are World's Most Watched People

Councils have spent more than £500m installing and operating CCTV cameras over the last four years."

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

lulz

Jarhead0331

Listen, you'll get no argument from me about arguably overzealous policing.  That happens in the UK and it happens in the US too.  The threat imposed by radical Islamic terrorists has unfortunately resulted in an increase in government tyranny at the cost of civil liberties.  A very wise man once said: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

That being said, you're comparing apples and oranges.  You're so eager to attack your own state, that you're letting rogue nations like Iran off the hook.  You're not helping anyone, including yourself, by ignoring the blatant danger of nations like Iran. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2012, 03:10:35 PM
Listen, you'll get no argument from me about arguably overzealous policing.  That happens in the UK and it happens in the US too.  The threat imposed by radical Islamic terrorists has unfortunately resulted in an increase in government tyranny at the cost of civil liberties.  A very wise man once said: "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

That being said, you're comparing apples and oranges.  You're so eager to attack your own state, that you're letting rogue nations like Iran off the hook.  You're not helping anyone, including yourself, by ignoring the blatant danger of nations like Iran.

I couldn't have said it better.

Okult, this story is a bad example of government overreach, if indeed that's what you're trying to prove.

No one is denying he broke the law. He knowingly broke the law and is being punished for it. And in this case he broke a law which forbids weapon tech from being given to a state sponsor of terror.

I have been a pretty staunch critic of government overreach since 9/11.  I don't like to think we need to compromise core rights in order to catch bad guys, and I think there's plenty of room for both criticism and reform.

But this story isn't the example to support said criticism. By pushing this story it seems as though you're trying to say something other than that.

0kult13

nah just rollin with the conversation until the walking dead starts