In Contrast to Zimmerman...

Started by LongBlade, August 22, 2013, 08:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyebiter

Gusington

Frightening and good points. I have no answers. I do see an embracing of all kinds of mindlessness by kids of all races. At a minimum acts like Public Enemy and NWA were still political. Now it's all about 'thug life' or whatever. These kids are probably raised (or not) by animals and never have a fighting chance to become good at anything but being worthless parasites.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on August 23, 2013, 02:06:20 PM
....but being worthless parasites.

And the only way to deal with parasites is extermination... not "trying to save them" not "keep them around on the tax payers bill" .... Just extermination.
>:(

LongBlade

I think you'll find crack cocaine at the heart of the problem.

Cheap and addictive, it was the "perfect" drug to introduce to poor people and drove much of the gang violence to the heights it is today.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

My wife is an assistant principal for an elementary school in, shall we say, an 'ethnic area.' No racism intended, that's just the demographics of where she works. Most of the parents are single and work damn hard to try to raise their kids right, but invariably there's quite a few bad apples (both children AND parents). She regales me daily/weekly on how some horrible little kindergarden or first-grade monster assaulted their teacher or acted basically like a caged animal on crystal meth. She's had her office torn apart by six- and seven-year-olds before, and the front office has had to call the school district's cops to come out to restrain the little buggers numerous times.

Then the parent is called (unfortunately, this is singular in some cases, or the grandparent in most of the remaining ones), and they just kind of say "no way, MY kid would NEVER act like that" or "Just wait until I get you home" where butt-beatings occur (sometimes in the office, actually, in front of the staff, which never goes down well), but invariably never work, and then said little monsters are taken off to what is termed an "alternative campus" - which is basically another name for pre-juvenile hall.

I wish corporal punishment was still an option in school like it was when I was a kid. Not that this is going to solve all the problems with stupid children (stupid parents that have no clue how to raise a kid right are just as bad, obviously), but dammit, it's tough to argue that the threat of having your silly butt paddled in front of your peers at the front of the class isn't going to humiliate you into at least trying to act like a human being.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Keunert

well Zimmerman is in the news again...
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Windigo

Quote from: Keunert on September 10, 2013, 10:36:05 AM
well Zimmerman is in the news again...

yeah... a little unsettling learning some of the detail
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.