Monday morning commute rage

Started by W8taminute, March 19, 2012, 01:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I think Mr. Bob used pootling the same way I used puttering.

Puttering = Americanese
Pootling = Brit English (but sounds dirtier)

Only difference is that I was trying to figure out how to unvampire myself in Skyrim instead of the next Normandy '44 turn. Which makes Mr. Bob far more manly than myself.

I still have not viewed two girls one cup and never will.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Now that I know what pootling is for sure.  I can say that I've done my fair share of pootling about in my life time.

Centurion40

Quote from: Bison on March 20, 2012, 02:57:07 PM
I'd like to put it on record right here and now that I have not been back to the urban dictionary since the great WG 2 girls and 1 cup fiasco of 2010.

Huh.  And here I looked-up "Beard" for you this afternoon.  I decided against posting the results.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2012, 02:59:17 PM

I've tried but never found it.  Personally, I believe it to be myth- like Sasquatch or business ethics.

Bison

Quote from: Centurion40 on March 20, 2012, 03:00:14 PM
Quote from: Bison on March 20, 2012, 02:57:07 PM
I'd like to put it on record right here and now that I have not been back to the urban dictionary since the great WG 2 girls and 1 cup fiasco of 2010.

Huh.  And here I looked-up "Beard" for you this afternoon.  I decided against posting the results.

Wait?  It has an alternative meaning?

Bison

Quote from: Centurion40 on March 20, 2012, 03:01:33 PM

I've tried but never found it.  Personally, I believe it to be myth- like Sasquatch or business ethics.

It's not and it's horrible.  For the love of your sanity never ever watch it.  You will never look at soft serve ice cream the same again.  Ever.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on March 20, 2012, 03:04:19 PM
Quote from: Centurion40 on March 20, 2012, 03:01:33 PM

It's not and it's horrible.  For the love of your sanity never ever watch it.  You will never look at soft serve ice cream the same again.  Ever.

+1

Never look for it. If it finds you, run away.

Bison said it, but it bears repeating and I am 100% serious (for what is likely to be the first time in a fortnight): For the love of your sanity never, ever watch it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

Maybe the universe is protecting me.  I did end-up seeing some sickly bizarre Japanese crap.

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on March 20, 2012, 04:13:22 PM
Maybe the universe is protecting me.  I did end-up seeing some sickly bizarre Japanese crap.

I, fortunately, have managed to avoid most of the whacked out Japanese stuff.

TheCommandTent

I love watching how these threads go in totally different directions from the original intent.  Its very entertaining.  I should really start popping popcorn before reading the forums in the evening.   8)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Steelgrave

I was absolutely certain that "Two Girls One Cup" MUST have something to do with bras, so I googled it......thank goodness I read the Wiki description of it rather than going straight to the video!

All I can say is that when I'm wrong, I'm wrong  :P

LongBlade

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 20, 2012, 07:24:18 PM

I was absolutely certain that "Two Girls One Cup" MUST have something to do with bras, so I googled it......thank goodness I read the Wiki description of it rather than going straight to the video!

All I can say is that when I'm wrong, I'm wrong  :P

Hey, you cannot say you weren't waived off of that one.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 20, 2012, 06:29:42 PM
I love watching how these threads go in totally different directions from the original intent.  Its very entertaining.  I should really start popping popcorn before reading the forums in the evening.   8)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Quote from: bob48 on March 20, 2012, 02:46:28 PM
...so he gave me the ol' 2-finger salute and buggered orf!

Wow, you guys still have that gesture?  And here I thought it went out of fashion after the Hundred Years War! 

I think Mr. Bob used pootling the same way I used puttering.

Puttering = Americanese
Pootling = Brit English (but sounds dirtier)
That was my take as well.  Sort of like how "Uff da" is the Norwegian equivalent of "Oy vey". 

Ditto.  That is one tank that I will never, EVER shoot! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

W8taminute

Here's me during today's road rage incident on the way to work this morning:

Ever since I got my Willy's jeep from J.C. Whitney complete with mounted 50 cal I've been less stressed. 

Anyway  :)

It's good in a way to hear of similar experiences from you guys.  I thought road rage was something that only happened in North America.  Are people everywhere simply losing it?

Now let me ask you this.  Are people who are living under a tyrannical dictatorship form of government less likely to commit acts of road rage?

And another.  Are people who are living under a left leaning or left of center type of government more likely to commit acts of road rage?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk