Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2021, 08:33:39 AM
I like that it has the 'NO STEP' decal.

It has a lot of decals, plates and markings on it.

It really is a top-notch reproduction.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Damn, now that is cool!
Excellent find and real lucky with the price! Well done!  :bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

Never having been in the cockpit of any kind of aircraft ever, that looks real to me. Looks like you stole it from an actual cockpit!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2021, 09:37:14 AM
Never having been in the cockpit of any kind of aircraft ever, that looks real to me. Looks like you stole it from an actual cockpit!

There is some amount of variation in the ACES II seats over the years and across the aircraft that were/are equipped with them, but most of the key features are present across the board. For instance, the green oxygen tank, emergency restraint release handle and the ejection pull handle are very ubiquitous. Here is a picture of a real one for comparison.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

I wonder how sore your ass will become after extended sim sessions.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 22, 2021, 09:48:42 AM
I wonder how sore your ass will become after extended sim sessions.

Me too. It's not the most comfortable on the rear end. Hoping my Jet Seat will add some cushion. The angle of the back rest, though, is very comfortable on the lumbar spine, so that is good. My back is more important than my ass because it is already screwed up.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2021, 09:47:36 AM
the ejection pull handle

If the handle still works this could take flight simulation to the next level of realism (or the next level of your house).

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 22, 2021, 10:01:31 AM
the ejection pull handle

If the handle still works this could take flight simulation to the next level of realism (or the next level of your house).

I've already tried. No dice.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

The oxygen tank is a hilarious and awesome touch.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2021, 10:13:17 AM
the ejection pull handle

I like how it comes with a book of etiquette.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MengJiao on March 22, 2021, 10:34:44 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 22, 2021, 10:13:17 AM
the ejection pull handle

I like how it comes with a book of etiquette.

LoL...that's my old Service Etiquette guidebook. Not something they spend a lot of time teaching at boot camp. At least not when I went through.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Dammit Carl!

Man.  I'm so uptight that I'd seriously consider putting my office/space under lock and key once I got a setup that sweet going.

-Mrs. or the kids, somebody is going to muck up my stuff sooner rather than later.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on March 22, 2021, 10:49:50 AM
Man.  I'm so uptight that I'd seriously consider putting my office/space under lock and key once I got a setup that sweet going.

-Mrs. or the kids, somebody is going to muck up my stuff sooner rather than later.

There is a lock on the door, but the kids know NEVER to enter without my permission and presence. Fortunately, they are all girls, with little interest in combat aviation...yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I don't have such a complex setup, but my kids are all girls too...and they love gaming and tech. So I have an open door policy...if I am in here and the door is open, come on it. If I am not in here and you come in, I kill you. Easy peasy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on March 22, 2021, 11:32:39 AM
I don't have such a complex setup, but my kids are all girls too...and they love gaming and tech. So I have an open door policy...if I am in here and the door is open, come on it. If I am not in here and you come in, I kill you. Easy peasy.

Pretty much the same here. The little one is not even 2 yet, so she just runs in here to give hugs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog