Tie Fighter Total Conversion Project

Started by Jarhead0331, July 07, 2021, 04:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

...released. And it kicks ass!!!!

Requires Star Wars X-wing Alliance on Steam or GOG and the latest version of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade mod.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/tie-fighter-total-conversion-tftc

But that's not all...

Yes. It has VR support!!!!!!  >:D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Philistine

Have you got a chance to try the VR?  How does it look/play?

--Philistine

smittyohio

Toonces

That looks really good!  I've had those Star Wars games for years and have yet to play them....I even have a couple installed but never even opened them up.

The Force is with me.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Philistine on July 07, 2021, 05:58:54 PM
Have you got a chance to try the VR?  How does it look/play?

--Philistine

I actually cannot get it running in VR. I need to search the forums and try to troubleshoot it.

In the meantime, I'm playing it with TrackIR and absolutely having a blast.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Downloaded it earlier today with a SQUEEE and will have it running hopefully tomorrow!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Admiral Akbar says it could be a trap.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

The_Admiral

Aye, it does kick ass.
But beware, creator in his latest video does say he knows a DCMA from the big mouse could be right around the corner, considering the (good) press the mod is getting, so do get it fast before it might be too late. It's a chunky piece of software, and if they were to go after it, it might also impact the XWAUP project - so make sure to get both. HDD space is cheap these days - unlike it was back then in 1999  :coolsmiley:

smittyohio

Quote from: The_Admiral on July 08, 2021, 07:01:37 AM
Aye, it does kick ass.
But beware, creator in his latest video does say he knows a DCMA from the big mouse could be right around the corner, considering the (good) press the mod is getting, so do get it fast before it might be too late. It's a chunky piece of software, and if they were to go after it, it might also impact the XWAUP project - so make sure to get both. HDD space is cheap these days - unlike it was back then in 1999  :coolsmiley:

Thanks for the heads up!   I bought X-Wing Alliance last night ($4 on Steam for a few more hours) after making sure I still had a joystick, but haven't downloaded the mod yet.

Gusington

Panda AV does not like the TFTC executable so if you have that as your AV you will have to finagle it a little. Took me a few tries but I got it working!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

seems that there are other mods/ungrades needed before installing this but I dont know where to get them.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 08, 2021, 05:47:11 PM
seems that there are other mods/ungrades needed before installing this but I dont know where to get them.

They are linked in the TFTC install instructions on the moddb link I posted.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog