A couple of jet pics from today

Started by Toonces, January 28, 2015, 11:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Thought you guys might like these.

The downwind at Hickam takes the jets pretty close to my house so when they're in the pattern I can usually see them from my living room.  Yesterday a whole butt load of jets flew in, F-22s, F-15s and even some adversary F-16s.  When I heard them in the pattern I ran out and grabbed a couple of pictures.  Unfortunately I didn't see the F-16s today, but I'll keep an eye out for them.

Not sure if it's a single or dual-seat Eagle.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

seems the first letter is an M.  whats the second letter on the tail?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

but they operate B's also.

MA 102nd FW/101st FS (ANG), Otis ANGB, Massachusetts Massachusetts, F-15A/B operations from 1987 to present

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 28, 2015, 11:35:00 PM
but they operate B's also.

MA 102nd FW/101st FS (ANG), Otis ANGB, Massachusetts Massachusetts, F-15A/B operations from 1987 to present

Supposedly it's the 104th FWat Hickam for Sentry Aloha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/104th_Fighter_Wing
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Toonces on January 28, 2015, 11:36:06 PM
Yeah, I had a better pic I found:

$5 says that glint in the cockpit is the pilots watch.

Toonces

jomni

Nice. I get flybys near my house (Singapore) as well. F-15 and C-130.

MikeGER

nice pics  O0

what zoom level did u use (or more technical what lens / focal length ) ?
...sooo close there must be a lot of noise annoyance while chilling on the patio with a cold Pilzner and the grill heating up  up ...not to speak about sitting in a comfy chair and reading the latest game manual on a tablet in the sun   

Jarhead0331

I would never get anything accomplished in a place like that. I'd constantly be drooling with a hardon staring up into the sky.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

You're describing most of us when we're eventually in an old folks' home.

OJsDad

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 29, 2015, 07:34:06 AM
I would never get anything accomplished in a place like that. I'd constantly be drooling with a hardon staring up into the sky.

When I was a kid, dad was stationed at Andrews AFB outside of DC.  We were playing a little league BB game, when a Harrier started doing VTOL maneuvers.  All the adults, including the coaches and umps quit paying attention to the game and watching the Harrier while the kids kept playing.

When we were at Offutt outside of Omaha, one of soccer fields was next to the flight line.  They parked British Vulcan bombers there.  We were about 300 yards away with nothing between us and them.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 29, 2015, 07:46:49 AM
You're describing most of us when we're eventually in an old folks' home.

As though most of us will live long enough to be put in an old folks home.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 29, 2015, 07:34:06 AM
I'd constantly be drooling with a hardon staring up into the sky.

one day we'll all be like Bawb.