The Girl from the Friday

Started by Tripoli, May 20, 2022, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^All receipts can be sent to JH  :nerd:

I really love the 'ambitions' in Old World. They are pretty much just renamed 'goals' or 'victory points' but having them called 'ambitions' or 'legacies' makes them seem...weightier/more important? I dunno...but I like'em.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Old World is really a good game.  So glad I passed on Humankind and waited for Old World. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I never did buy Humankind - only because I am not a fanatical Civ player and always loved the more focused campaigns in specific areas and eras...like Old World!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on May 22, 2022, 04:52:46 PM
I never did buy Humankind - only because I am not a fanatical Civ player and always loved the more focused campaigns in specific areas and eras...like Old World!

I hear you bro. 

Although I was once a fanatical Civ player what turned me off with Humankind is the fact that everytime you enter a new era, you have to change the nation you're playing as. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Jarhead0331

This weekend was almost exclusively V Rising. It is the first game in a long while to pull me away from DCS.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Holy crap...they should put that quote on the V Rising game box.

W8 I feel like Old World addresses the age old things I never liked about Civ that some people really like - like quick progression through eras, cavemen with ICBMs, and other oddities.

To each his own but Old World is like a gift from the gaming gods 20 years in the making.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Oh yeah I agree with you Gus. 

Like I said I was a fanatical Civ'er but now a days I'm beginning to appreciate a more focused setting like Old World and the Total War series. 

Gusington

I feel a horde of Old World MP gaming coming on with a crew here, if the game will support it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd