Main Menu

C# Aurora

Started by monkex, March 05, 2020, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkex

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

So that means it's almost feature complete?  I know there had been a C# version you could try out for a while. 

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Saw a reference to a 'soft deadline' for release in March.  Said only Diplomacy is under testing at this point. 

Jarhead0331

Yes. Been following this closely. End of March is still looking good.

Everybody shouldn't get too excited though. If you didn't like the original, you probably won't like C# either.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SteveW

End of March is still the goal.

This is the changes list: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=234.0

Here is a recent C# test campaign AAR if you want to see the new code in action. This is a full-on Warhammer 40k campaign with Imperial Navy, Imperial Guard, Space Marines, etc. Ground Combat is much more substantial in the C# version.
Background: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10441.0
Campaign Reports: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10462.0

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

I want to have hundreds of SteveW's babies. He is the man!  :notworthy:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: monkex on March 05, 2020, 02:30:25 PM
Its coming  8)

With all due respect...please identify yourself.   C:-)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

bobarossa

Wow, there are 21 people registered at the Aurora forums with 'monk' in their name!

Staggerwing

Must all be Tony Shalhoub fans...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys