Steam Winter Sale...

Started by steve58, December 22, 2021, 03:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

...has begun.  Ends Jan 5, 2022 10:00am PT.

https://store.steampowered.com/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

jamus34

Well about the only thing that has tickled my fancy so far as a price point I like is Steel Division 2.

Not much out there plus I managed to snag 3 months of Gamepass for a buck so I'll rip through the fringe games I'm interested in there.
Insert witty comment here.

CJReich46

A few on my wishlist.  But nothing major.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Geezer

No new games for me.  Might pick up some DLC's for games I don't have time to play....   ::)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

ArizonaTank

not as exciting this year as in previous years...  Don't see big discounts on things I really want. Still, picked up some DLCs and a few non-game utilities...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

SirAndrewD

I am finally not lying when I say I'm tapped. 

I'd make a joke that my wife would divorce me if I got any more games but that's already been my Christmas gift from her.    O0
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Even I am not that excited  :-[

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on December 22, 2021, 07:01:23 PM

Even knowing I'll be single soon?  I always figured my talk of dongles perked you up.  8)

In all seriousness though.  Yeah, I'm comparing the discounts to the November sale and it looks like by and large there were better deals at Thanksgiving. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 22, 2021, 07:04:36 PM

Even knowing I'll be single soon?  I always figured my talk of dongles perked you up.  8)

In all seriousness though.  Yeah, I'm comparing the discounts to the November sale and it looks like by and large there were better deals at Thanksgiving.

Don't think many of the Steam sales have been that great the last few years, seems basically sale prices you can get throughout the year.....many years gago the xmas sales seemed special, not so much anymore.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 22, 2021, 07:08:57 PM

Don't think many of the Steam sales have been that great the last few years, seems basically sale prices you can get throughout the year.....many years gago the xmas sales seemed special, not so much anymore.

The Summer Sale seems to be the only one every year where they have consistently good deals across the board.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 22, 2021, 07:13:27 PM

The Summer Sale seems to be the only one every year where they have consistently good deals across the board.

Seems similar to me, but I don't look that hard anymore.  Just not like the olden days I remember where I actually got excited:)

nelmsm

Well I picked up one the music dlc for Imperator:Rome, the just released new Battlepak for Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital, and Draft Day Pro Football 2022.  That will probably do it for me

Tanaka

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 22, 2021, 07:04:36 PM

Yep the sales are always the same now that I don't even care anymore. You can find steam games much cheaper elsewhere now. I've got so many games on my back-burner to play that I just wait to buy anymore games when they are actually a bargain other places...Also never paying for full price for a game or a million DLC's ever again.

Yskonyn

I completed my Order of Battle collection with the Matrix coupon.
Was temped to put War in the East 2 in my basket as well, but who am I kidding? Won't play that thing ever anyway.
Looking forward to OOB though!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."