Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

2023 and beyond.

These videos almost always bring me to the brink of tears. DCS captures the beauty, danger, triumph and courageousness of combat aviation like nothing else.

CH-47 Chinook officially announced and it looks to me like a Hellcat is teased.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 04, 2023, 02:28:40 PM
2023 and beyond.

These videos almost always bring me to the brink of tears. DCS captures the beauty, danger, triumph and courageousness of combat aviation like nothing else.

Looks great.  You can get those Argentine A4s already (they are mods apparently).

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MengJiao on January 04, 2023, 04:24:42 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 04, 2023, 02:28:40 PM
2023 and beyond.

Looks great.  You can get those Argentine A4s already (they are mods apparently).

I'm aware. Been flying it since release. It is an exceptional mod that is frequently featured in DCS official videos. I hope they make it an official module. The developers deserve it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Skoop

Will be a good year for new stuff in dcs.  I'd imagine the EA preorders for the F15E should be sometime in the next 6 weeks, which is usually done for a month before release.

Not sure what part of 2023 EA for the F4 will be as I haven't followed the dev cycle closely with no Vietnam map to go with it, but the F4 will be a day one purchase regardless.  Plenty of plausible F4 scenarios on every dcs map even without Vietnam.

Also the recent talk of the dynamic campaign engine being worked on, probably won't see that slated for 2023, but nice to see it's a continued endeavor.

MengJiao

Quote from: Skoop on January 04, 2023, 05:19:55 PM
Will be a good year for new stuff in dcs.  I'd imagine the EA preorders for the F15E should be sometime in the next 6 weeks, which is usually done for a month before release.

Not sure what part of 2023 EA for the F4 will be as I haven't followed the dev cycle closely with no Vietnam map to go with it, but the F4 will be a day one purchase regardless.  Plenty of plausible F4 scenarios on every dcs map even without Vietnam.

Also the recent talk of the dynamic campaign engine being worked on, probably won't see that slated for 2023, but nice to see it's a continued endeavor.

The F4 over the Sinai map is going to be something to see.

Redwolf

I can't play DCS for shit, but I want them all :D

Well, especially the Phantom II...

Skoop

Sometimes love for a certain aircraft is all it takes to break it open for dcs.

mikeck

I don't think it will be that long for the F-15E. It was supposed to be out before end of year but ED had some final touch ups to do. Spud knocker and a few others have already gotten pre release copies and shown it in video. I'd say this month
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on January 10, 2023, 08:24:51 PM

I don't think it will be that long for the F-15E. It was supposed to be out before end of year but ED had some final touch ups to do. Spud knocker and a few others have already gotten pre release copies and shown it in video. I'd say this month

Would be nice if they go straight to release and skip the usual pre-order period, which can sometimes drag on for months in and of itself.

But I agree...this one looks ready to take off and the developers did use that evil word..."imminent".
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Yes!

The Heatblur Simulations team and our wonderful partners at TrueGrit would like to wish you a wonderful 2023! Have a great new year, full of joy, great times and awesome sim experiences. 2023 is a big year for Heatblur, and we're grateful that you're along for the ride. It's going to be a great one!

We've just wrapped up a very tough 2022. From a personal standpoint for many of our team, with personal tragedies and the invasion of Ukraine taking its toll on us and our timelines. Despite this, we look back at 2022 with some pride. We've seen tremendous growth in capability and size, forged new partnerships and shipped features and improvements throughout the year. While still playing catch-up; we're working as hard as we can to finish the first of our next generation of high fidelity simulation experiences, starting with the F-4E Phantom II and leading towards the Eurofighter Typhoon.

While we missed our mark on the F-4E Phantom for a 2022 release; we're now very close to full completion of all major elements: flight model, radar, weapons systems, and other key major systems- and even content such as another full length Meteor album. You've seen a sneak-peek in the 2023 and beyond video, and we can't wait to fully unveil the aircraft that we've built over the past two years. For the Phantom- and all of our new products- we've invested heavily into building our next generation platform and framework. This enables faster future development, intrinsic multithreading, more dependable multicrew synchronization, far less of a maintenance burden, and new standardized features such as wear & tear, aircraft persistence, mass dynamics, and far more. In addition to this; we've also had our sights on JESTER v2, a complete rewrite of the JESTER AI system which will enable faster AI development and ease of use for integration in future aircraft such as the A-6.

On the Eurofighter front, we continue to lay the foundations of this module through application of our next generation framework. Soon, the majority of the work will remain in high level parts: radar, weapons systems, displays and flight control systems- all leaning and benefitting from the completed next generation core. As an incredibly complex aircraft and project, the Eurofighter will be a litmus test for our team to ensure quality and accuracy while avoiding excessive technical debt. These considerations are key for a project of this scope and size, as we strive to minimize maintenance burden and excessive sustainment resources. You should expect to see much more Eurofighter development progress in 2023 as we begin to approach an early access release and feature completion level.

We also look towards 2023 with continued love for the Viggen and Tomcat. We capped off the year with another major Viggen patch, and now set our sights on another round of additions to both products. We're working hard to get on target on the early F-14A, which remains the largest piece of the F-14 yet undelivered, among of course other outstanding and promised features, such as TARPS and FORGE. Further Viggen improvements are slated for the early part of this year as we continue product sustainment. It's time to get rid of those Early Access tags and square these aircraft away.

Quality, consistency and pushing boundaries are our top priorities, and we're as excited as ever for all that we've been cooking. Stay tuned for the full Phantom unveiling and for other exciting announcements with new partners and beyond.

Thank you all once again for your dedicated support and passion. That's what drives and motivates us, and we'll make sure your faith is well placed with each upcoming release.

Sincerely,
Team Heatblur

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Pre-Order opens on February 3. I'm excited, but disappointed that actual release probably won't be until sometime in or after March. Razbam used the word "imminent" in December. Anyway...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mikeck

Well, I was wrong about the F-15e coming sooner than mid feb.... Pre order Feb 3 but not sure when release is. Truthfully, I won't be buying. I've got the F/A—18 and F-16 which give me all the modern high tech stuff I need. What I DO want is that Phantom and the A-7z I love that seventies/early 80s time frame pre-mfd.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on January 15, 2023, 01:27:20 AMWell, I was wrong about the F-15e coming sooner than mid feb.... Pre order Feb 3 but not sure when release is. Truthfully, I won't be buying. I've got the F/A—18 and F-16 which give me all the modern high tech stuff I need. What I DO want is that Phantom and the A-7z I love that seventies/early 80s time frame pre-mfd.

The A-7 is probably one of my most anticipated aircraft too. I love it's look, it's primary role and it's level of technology. I think it will be very manageable to learn and fun to fly...sort of like the harrier. Sadly, I think it is still a very long way off and we probably won't see it in 2023.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

I'm generally not a big fan of the VSN mod stuff since they usually don't have custom 3D cockpits or even cockpits that are clickable and they all use EFM, but this one looks pretty damn good. Might have to check it out.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog