SpellForce: Conquest of Eo

Started by Gusington, June 23, 2022, 09:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Wait, AoW?? Spellforce is going turn-based instead of F/3PS - RTS for this entry??
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

I can hear Pratt rifling through his piggy bank right now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Not really -- I find the change interesting, but the original point to Spellforce was the immersive RTS/RPG experience. I've played the first mission or two of the original game, and just haven't ever gotten back to it due to shiny things elsewhere, but I very much appreciated the attempt: enough so that I own the whole series up to this point!

I'm slightly LESS likely to buy it eventually as a tbs. Certainly not at once (though I wasn't going to do that anyway, wanting to play through the originals first.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

We'll be waiting for more extensive descriptions in the coming days, gentlemen!  I like the notion of a story-based tutorial, myself...

JasonPratt

I don't know about the later entries (having not played them yet), but I can confirm that the original game had not only one but two story-based tutorials -- the first one not having anything obvious to do with the plot, and could be skipped entirely.

devoncop

This one is entirely related to the overall plot but is done with a VERY light touch so some things I am discovering through the tooltips and trial and error. There is certainly no railroading going on which suits me but some folk may want a more traditional tutorial I guess that runs separate from the actual campaign.

My feeling is that if you have played a number of 4X/RPG type games you should pick things up fairly quickly, notwithstanding the several unique aspects of this one.

Gusington

Reviews on Steam are looking 'very positive.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Rob from Explorminate has written a very positive review on Steam of this one for those that (like me) respect his opinion.

Played some more this afternoon and got my Mages Tower levitating and moving around which is very cool. There is no city spam in this game at all. It is very much a type of "one city" challenge where the city is constantly being improved and moved around to grab resources. This is necessary because mines, wheat fields etc are not indefinite in supply and get exhausted so there is a need to stay on the move.

The difficulty level affects how aggressive the other mages are as well as the strength of independents. So far I have only been moderately challenged in fights but I am playing on "novice" which is only the second level to get familiar with the mechanics. I am already looking forward to my next run :-)

Gusington

This thread is playing out exactly like the KoH2 thread. Expect my whining and mewling on how the game is kicking my ass soon  :Loser:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

bobarossa

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 04, 2023, 05:09:58 PMDepending on your membership level at GMG, can get for $19.99

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/spellforce-conquest-of-eo-pc/
Thanks for mentioning!  I usually delete my GMG emails. Apparently I qualify!

Gusington

I have only put in three hours but I feel we have a Knights of Honor 2 type winner here with Eo. Making slow progress this weekend...it is a calming, chill vibe in this game, great storytelling and good music. Easy to fall in love with.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Another fan of the Undead ehc :ThumbsUp:

Told you it was a great game.... Like you say, it is really relaxing to play with loads of side quests.