Main Menu

Different FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, April 14, 2023, 02:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Learning to fly the PMDG 737-600 and some Combat Mission.

Have an amazing weekend !

Sir Slash

I was DESPARITLY in love with Linda back in the day. Now I remember why.  :Dreamer: CMBN"s Courage and Fortitude Campaign when I'm able to play.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 14, 2023, 03:17:38 PMI was DESPARITLY in love with Linda back in the day. Now I remember why.  :Dreamer: CMBN"s Courage and Fortitude Campaign when I'm able to play.

God she was was gorgeous wasn't she ?

Before my time (only born in 65) but thanks for the great song (and pic  :notworthy: )

More Pathfinder ...Kingmaker this time as I ran into a hard wall in Act 4 of War of the Righteous.

Really looking forward to Owlcats Rogue Trader Warhammer 40,000 as they really nail the RPG sweet spot for me.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Sigwolf

Never liked her music, and still don't, but she is a beautiful woman.

SirAndrewD

This weekend it's time to try Cyberpunk 2077's new Overdrive mode!

Path tracing looks....stunning.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

solops

Shadow Empire with the new "s" beta party chairman.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

Company of Heroes 3 -
War of Rights
Still thinking about getting WEGO Stalingrad but am still not convinced it is enough wargame and less board game. That WEGO mechanic though takes it head and shoulders above even the likes of War in the East in my book for realism. No matter how many stats and how much complexity you have, if you cannot move around the terrain and have everything working simultaneously then your not being as realistic as is possible with what modern computers can provide.
I still think players can glean unrealistic intelligence simply by seeing combat fought out one counter at a time in an  IGOUGO situation. You could spring a trap up in the northern part of a map and identify all of the units up north and realise that the enemy does not have so many units in the south for instance. Changing your tactics in the south while actually realistically the southern troops should also have already moved.

It makes me wonder what modern command centre screens use to update their intelligence screens. Do they move counters one at a time or just update things as they have intel on them? I am sure it is the latter perhaps with a last intel rec'd time stamp on all the icons.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Tanaka

Quote from: solops on April 14, 2023, 07:22:49 PMShadow Empire with the new "s" beta party chairman.

How do you like the new DLC?

FarAway Sooner

I won my first game of Distant Worlds 2 a few minutes ago, and played some Monster Train with my son earlier tonight!  Now that I wrapped up that DW2 game, I need a break from the title for a little while.

Not sure if I should try out Vagrus: The Riven Realms, Thea 2, or jump back to Oxygen Not Included now that I finally seem to have figured out how to get a colony going with 4 or 5 workers and not die of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

solops

Quote from: Tanaka on April 14, 2023, 11:38:22 PM
Quote from: solops on April 14, 2023, 07:22:49 PMShadow Empire with the new "s" beta party chairman.

Can't really say yet. I have not really engaged with the new functions. I do have two observations. You cannot leave long coastlines unattended now. Minor nations/MTHs have been invading behind my fronts. And planet generation has gotten trickier. Finding a map with both plenty of land AND enough ocean so that the new Maritime Trading Houses are relevant is hard. I like mostly land for big wars, but I want some ocean action, too. It will take a lot of play to evaluate things. And Vic is constantly fixing and adding things (That's Good!)
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: devoncop on April 14, 2023, 03:35:18 PMReally looking forward to Owlcats Rogue Trader Warhammer 40,000 as they really nail the RPG sweet spot for me.

Dern' tootin'.  RT is, in scope and scale in the WH40K universe as I understand the roleplaying game to be (pen and paper, that is) immense.  Yeah, you love your Emperor blah, blah, but you got money to make and them warp-marooned planets aren't going to find themselves!  Forward, men, for the dosh, er, Emperor!

devoncop

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on April 15, 2023, 06:16:14 PM
Quote from: devoncop on April 14, 2023, 03:35:18 PMReally looking forward to Owlcats Rogue Trader Warhammer 40,000 as they really nail the RPG sweet spot for me.

Dern' tootin'.  RT is, in scope and scale in the WH40K universe as I understand the roleplaying game to be (pen and paper, that is) immense.  Yeah, you love your Emperor blah, blah, but you got money to make and them warp-marooned planets aren't going to find themselves!  Forward, men, for the dosh, er, Emperor!

Lots of moral ambiguity and difficult choices promised I think. I am a novice tbh with the Warhammer 40K lore but love the premise and am addicted to Owlcat's Pathfinder games so full of anticipation.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Tanaka

Quote from: solops on April 15, 2023, 09:24:34 AM
Quote from: Tanaka on April 14, 2023, 11:38:22 PM

Can't really say yet. I have not really engaged with the new functions. I do have two observations. You cannot leave long coastlines unattended now. Minor nations/MTHs have been invading behind my fronts. And planet generation has gotten trickier. Finding a map with both plenty of land AND enough ocean so that the new Maritime Trading Houses are relevant is hard. I like mostly land for big wars, but I want some ocean action, too. It will take a lot of play to evaluate things. And Vic is constantly fixing and adding things (That's Good!)

Sounds good. I hope he will be adding navies to this at some point at least...

Tanaka

Having a retro weekend and playing some good old Ageod games. BOA2 and AJE. An AJE player is looking for a PBEM so finally decided to give a PBEM game for these classics a shot. I've heard it is a much more fun experience...