Main Menu

Witcher 3

Started by Tpek, June 05, 2014, 01:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Is now available for pre-order via GOG:
http://www.gog.com/thewitcher3/en

Seems like the estimated release date is February 2015.

Nefaro

I've still not even started up Witcher 2 yet.  :))

Grim.Reaper

Now that seems kind of crazy an 8-month advance pre-order.....are they doing some kind of early access?  If not, I would see no rush into buying in, there are bound to be a bunch of pre order specials before then.

I haven't even finished Witcher 1 or 2 anyways:)

tgb

I hated the combat in 2, so as much as I want to support GOG, until I know if it's changed any in 3 I'll be holding off.  Also, they aren't saying anything about system requirements yet.  I don't know how they can expect many pre-orders until they do.

On the other hand, that board game coming out this Summer sounds intriguing.

Gusington

I finished the first one, but I also hated the combat in 2. I am hoping 3 is as open-world as it is being touted.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2014, 05:52:12 PM
I finished the first one, but I also hated the combat in 2. I am hoping 3 is as open-world as it is being touted.

My experience exactly. Finished #1, couldn't get into #2.

Gusington

2 looked really good too, and I really wanted to get into it...tried a few different times, and failed each time because of the combat.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I took issue with the camera & control scheme in #1.  Haven't dedicated the time to even trying #2 since I heard it was pretty much the same situation.

I'll eventually get to it but expect to be frustrated in the same way.  I bought it on a cheap-as-dirt sale at GOG, just because the RPG mechanics of the first looked enticing so I still hold hope that the other bad parts will improve in the sequels.

FlickJax

bought first 2 but havent installed, like many others :(

Tpek

SgtRock

I enjoyed the first Witcher but, could never get the hang of the combat in Witcher 2, it just didn't feel right, I could never get comfortable with it. :-\

Silent Disapproval Robot

I forced myself to finish it.  The story was unsatisfying because it felt like it was building up to something really big with a bunch of different threads coming together but near the end, it had you make a choice without really letting on that that choice would let you follow only one of the several possible threads and all the others would just disappear.  Very abrupt ending which left me feeling short changed.  I don't know if they intended for you to go through and do multiple play-throughs but once was enough for me.