Main Menu

Age of Empires IV

Started by Greybriar, February 17, 2018, 07:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Just realised this game is coming to xbox as well as company of heroes 3. I hope we get some RTS fans move to PC.
But at the same time I can now see why AOEIV looks and feels the way it does. It's relic as well iirc?
You have really nice historical animations and models and really poor colour pallete and UI.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

^You know you hit the nail on the head for me of why I didn't like the art style much, and miss the updated sprites of AoEII Definitive Edition.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Age of Empires IV is free to play for the next 3 days. Just sayin, for anybody that wants to try it.
They just added some more fantastical elements... booo, but fun enough. An enchanted forest biome and an English king with an 11c shield, 16c foot Landschnect sword even though he is on a horse among other things. It's like they went cheap with the age up models for this "king". Not so Kingly. Having said that it's an RTS that has never claimed as far as I am aware to be historical. Although for the most part the models look damned fine.

Gusington

^Age of Empires II Definitive Edition has some very historically-based scenarios. AoEIV just hasn't grabbed me, it feels and plays totally different from previous games.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Age of Empires IV DLC - 2 new civilisations (byzantines and japanese) and 4 variant civilisations. Sounds cool.

al_infierno

Variant Civilizations?  I haven't played since around release.  Wut's da deal wit dat doe.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

Somebody I know was saying it is probably like one of the other games in the franchise where the factions can have revolutions or some such in mid game to change units.

Gusington

Despite not liking the game much when I fiddled with it, I already pre-ordered this.

Hi I am Gus and I am a PC game addict.

:tophat:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd