Burden of Command Announced

Started by Mad Russian, June 30, 2017, 09:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

Microdevelopment Blog: Burden of Command: Now With Spreadsheets!   :grin:

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Spreadsheets too!?!? I think I'm in love.  :Dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

We've been steadily plugging away with playtesting, but have taken the time to add an important quality of life improvement: a LOS tool:

Tripoli

Burden of Command is a leadership RPG. You will pick leadership Mindsets like Cunning, Discipline, Professionalism or Caution to define your style. These Mindsets effect narrative and gameplay. How will you lead in this turn based tactical RPG?

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on July 12, 2021, 02:47:39 PM
Quote from: BradS62 on August 03, 2019, 10:18:10 PMThat was quite a peek. Why do I sense we're at least a year away.

The Burden of Command team just posted on YouTube about the hundreds of black and white images they are colorizing for the game. They said "I'm still struggling to believe its that many, but our images spreadsheet goes that far down....  certainly 700ish and after awhile who's counting LOL."

We are now 709 days since Brad posted his comment, quoted above.  But after 700, who is still counting....

1,619 days as of today

Will 2024 finally be the year?

Tripoli

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on January 08, 2024, 09:44:42 PM
Quote from: Michael Dorosh on July 12, 2021, 02:47:39 PM
Quote from: BradS62 on August 03, 2019, 10:18:10 PMThat was quite a peek. Why do I sense we're at least a year away.

The Burden of Command team just posted on YouTube about the hundreds of black and white images they are colorizing for the game. They said "I'm still struggling to believe its that many, but our images spreadsheet goes that far down....  certainly 700ish and after awhile who's counting LOL."

We are now 709 days since Brad posted his comment, quoted above.  But after 700, who is still counting....

1,619 days as of today

Will 2024 finally be the year?

We are getting closer. Currently hitting the playtesting hard. Here are the 90+ Youtube videos describing our progress  :azn:   : https://www.youtube.com/@burdenofcommand2094/videos  :-)

Tripoli

The final new feature: Personalization

Tripoli

Burden of Command enters Beta!  :Party:

Tripoli

What Playtesters are Saying

https://youtu.be/pjWYfKzR3oQ

Tripoli

acctingman

I'm guessing no estimated release? I'm eager to see how this game plays out and will be waiting for reviews from folks here.

Looks good from what I can see.

Tripoli

Quote from: acctingman on March 23, 2024, 05:09:08 PMI'm guessing no estimated release? I'm eager to see how this game plays out and will be waiting for reviews from folks here.

Looks good from what I can see.
No public release date yet.  We are in Beta, so we are getting closer..... :grin:

Tripoli

Here is an unsolicited article by one of our playtesters on Burden of Command.  It may be of interest to the community here:

"Burden of Command" — RPG turned Wargame turned biographical Exploration?
https://medium.com/@pantaleonfassbender_57676/burden-of-command-rpg-turned-wargame-turned-biographical-exploration-c1b004783786

Tripoli

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT:
We have implemented footnotes in Burden of Command!!!  :Party:

(Yes, I am a history geek  :laugh: )

Grim.Reaper

Major announcement would actually be a release date:)

First announcement 7 years ago so hopefully at some point.