SpellForce: Conquest of Eo

Started by Gusington, June 23, 2022, 09:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on February 12, 2023, 03:10:07 PMI am probably more depraved than that.

Anyway I'm not sure, devon. Going to go back in now to play a little more. I have been leveling up my units but I'll be damned if I can remember if they are actually at level 3/4 or promoted  :ninjameditate:

It's old age.

Affects the memory :idiot2:

Pull up the unit card. The level of the unit is spelled out at the top. The unit promotion level is the number of chevrons on the unit card.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

Well quite a bit happened in my roughly last 90 minutes of play, including learning how to harvest  :tongue: 

The game is deceptively deep.

Also hired my first apprentice which I did get a screenshot of...

...and my first hero.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Nice !

You are right. There are a lot of elements to this game. I have 2 heroes but haven't found any opportunity to hire apprentices yet....

Gusington

^One hero came to me as you mentioned. The apprentice I hired at an academy I found in the far north.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on February 12, 2023, 05:34:58 PM^One hero came to me as you mentioned. The apprentice I hired at an academy I found in the far north.

Ah...that may explain it. Most of my campaigning is being done against the Undead faction (splitters!!) in the South and South West.

Gusington

^And I am in the North...mostly. Spreading slowly in other directions. Trying to figure out how many units is too many to have at once. The map is also much bigger than it initially appears.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2023, 09:25:09 AM^And I am in the North...mostly. Spreading slowly in other directions. Trying to figure out how many units is too many to have at once. The map is also much bigger than it initially appears.

It is HUGE !

This will be a long game I think which I am very happy with as there is so much going on. I am now running with 3 full stacks and assorted smaller garrisons and can sense The Circle Mages getting a bit cheesed off with me.

Gusington

^I keep getting messages that The Circle Mages are pissed off at me as well...I must be doing something right  :tophat:

And I also have, if I remember correctly, 3-4 stacks as well as a couple of random single units roaming around.

I am trying to balance out how many units set to harvest resources vs. actual combat units.

Oh and the first major city I found, can't remember the name, now loves me because the missions I finished benefitted it muchly. Players can't take direct control of cities?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

You can't take control of cities from what I see. Your domain will always be within the radius of your Tower (though that expands as you progress as a Mage).

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Apparently I need a nap: I read the most recent several messages (back to 'the map is huge'), thinking I was in the thread about the WW1 game...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: devoncop on February 12, 2023, 12:55:22 PM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 12, 2023, 12:29:09 PMI'm kind of sad that nobody took the bait of my Alice Cooper YouTube.  Maybe you guys aren't as depraved as I thought you were?

Alice Cooper ?

Before my time ....was she good ?  :evil:

Talented?  Brilliant?  Artistic?  Creative?  "Yes" to all of them!

"Good"?  That one's a bit tricky.  He was one of the original forefathers of heavy rock, but with some balladeer thrown in and a heavy dose of intellectual snark (before "snark" was a word).

Imagine if Ozzy Osbourne had an IQ of 140+, a keen grasp of irony, and occasionally viewed himself as a social critic...

Gusington

Don't nap now, you may miss the alien invasion.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

The heroes' quests can get pretty intricate  :undecided:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on February 13, 2023, 09:27:02 PMThe heroes' quests can get pretty intricate  :undecided:

Thank God the locations are labelled up by quest name on the map rather than just by place name like in a lot of RPG's  :ThumbsUp:

Just taken my first Great Allfire Node off the Undead and I am now shown where all the others are on the map (Gulp !)
I had to take it by moving my Tower so it was in my Domain before I could assault the garrison. If that principle stays the same the Tower will have to be doing a lot of levitating !