Apocalyptic Drone Wars

Started by crowdrake, April 11, 2023, 04:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowdrake

its free for windows

Apocalyptic Drone Wars

Hard core Turn based Wargame with advanced A.I. for every unit. the war is fought after a nuclear war by drones, many no go radiated areas stop movement. every unit can be set to A.I. or user control, you can set convoys, set speed etc.. all units are in a supply chain your trucks deliver supplys to bases and based deliver supplys to units, there is strategic bombing, para drops.  air bases with Co,bat air patrol settings  to cover roaming drone units and all your other units, turn based combat. a detailed Database with live info to find those prime targets.

https://hiphopy.itch.io/apocalyptic-drone-wars

Gusington

Wow this one looks very good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Yeah that looks really cool.  Gonna have to try it out.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

crowdrake

thanks guys, makes things more interesting when grognards like it

crowdrake

I added button feedback, and custom map system, the auto map gen works great

W8taminute

I gave this game a quick play last night (maybe 30 minutes).  I like it but I think I need to spend some quality time with the game to get a feel for what I'm supposed to be doing. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

crowdrake

Quote from: W8taminute on April 13, 2023, 03:17:34 PMI gave this game a quick play last night (maybe 30 minutes).  I like it but I think I need to spend some quality time with the game to get a feel for what I'm supposed to be doing. 

let me try and clear some fog, not got a tut yet.  first off the startup allows you to set what forces are on the battle,

there is a complex supply system, you need to send trucks to bases out of supply more trucks at a base makes it faster. then you need to get units low on supplys ammo or fuel or in need of repair to go near a base to repair over a few turns. you can set convoys for trucks to keep supplying same bases. dont leave them on AI

then use the radar to find weak targets, but think about air bases assisting you or enemy, this goes for drones too, as these assist when you attack. every unit and base has a victory point score, each turn it will tell you who is better. unit victory points can be alot or little so wasting attacks on low value targets may not be best.

grind down the enemy trucks as they supply

the battle is about winning all the map, startup will allow you to set how hard this is.

air fields and mobile drones have air units that join each turn, depending on size of base or unit, you can bomb or paradrop on bases to reduce base size so less air units are supported.

make sure you check radar for your damaged units, if they run out of suppy or fuel then they can never move. so get them to base.

set units to objective locations, but remember to set speed or they will revert to AI, you can mass a group ready for a big attack.

check attack ranges and set low to preserve air units, or set big to support attacks

RIGHT CLICK AND DRAG MAP

check info and set CAP areas. the CAP will be less effective over a big area. but set low untill you have lots of air units then set a big area.

there is a lot more but hope this helps. I am at the moment making some custom maps that will look better than the autogenerated but im keeping both sorts.

crowdrake

I just added this text to the readme, so you have helped with that thanks