Matrix is teaming with NWS - Rule the Waves 3

Started by CJReich46, August 29, 2022, 11:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

This is HUGE. NWS is working with Matrixgames/Slitherine on this one.

https://www.matrixgames.com/news/rule-the-waves-3-announced

Q1 -2023 and Beta test is open.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JasonPratt

Seems fair! -- I sure bought enough Matrix games from NWS back in the day.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Watching this, but I had a hard time getting into the previous demo.  :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

CJReich46

Quote from: steve58 on August 29, 2022, 04:32:02 PM
Watching this, but I had a hard time getting into the previous demo.  :-\

To be fair, I had problems with the demo too.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

ArizonaTank

I've been spoiled by the graphics in Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts.

But I like RW2 much better for its detail.

If RW3 could be the love child of RW2 and UA:D, that would be something.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

The_Admiral

Yes, congrats to them - although it had been a relevant theory for some time by now  :coolsmiley:
Game will probably not look like UAD - but it also means they retain full creative control, which is what you want them to have before anything else, IMHO  ^-^

ArizonaTank

Quote from: The_Admiral on August 29, 2022, 08:20:06 PM
Game will probably not look like UAD

I can only say: "Boys be ambitious!"  The immortal words of William Clark to his Japanese students in 1870s Japan. Clark was an American educator who was in Japan to advise the Japanese Government during the Meiji period. He helped establish Hokkaido University in the 1870s. And in a very tenuous link to the topic, some think the Japanese imperialists (including the Navy) may have listened to his advice a bit too closely.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 29, 2022, 09:56:27 PM
Quote from: The_Admiral on August 29, 2022, 08:20:06 PM
Game will probably not look like UAD

I can only say: "Boys be ambitious!"  The immortal words of William Clark to his Japanese students in 1870s Japan. Clark was an American educator who was in Japan to advise the Japanese Government during the Meiji period. He helped establish Hokkaido University in the 1870s. And in a very tenuous link to the topic, some think the Japanese imperialists (including the Navy) may have listened to his advice a bit too closely.

Unfortunately the screens on the Matrix page look... exactly like RTW 1 and 2.

The_Admiral

Well to be fair, my understanding is that RtW3 is an evolution of new features meant for RtW2 as an addon, which ended up dwarfing the potential of its original platform. So it's not like it was too much of a surprise.

But all bets are certainly off after that! They will end up with a fantastic platform that will certainly cry for further adaptation to another level, that is eye-candy wise. That's the hard part, not the eye candy. The eye candy part though requires time & money not everybody can afford on the spot, and this partnership might very well carry them very far & high on the road to eternal glory, ultimately. Can't wait ;)

Old TImer

I would have hoped for more emphasis on the pre-dreadnought era, say an 1865-1870 start cutting off
at the end of world war 2.  But extending through the cold war should be interesting.
I'd like a re-do of Steam and Iron I guess.

Sir Slash

I agree. Ironclads to Yamato would be my first choice.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 29, 2022, 08:02:51 PM
I've been spoiled by the graphics in Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts.

But I like RW2 much better for its detail.

If RW3 could be the love child of RW2 and UA:D, that would be something.
agreed
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)