Main Menu

Solium Infernum

Started by Huw the Poo, May 05, 2012, 07:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, I was going to post my consolidated edit of the "Gameboys from Hell" AAR, posted originally by various writers at RockPaperShotgun; but aside from suddenly realizing there might be copyright injustice there, I also suddenly realized the file was like 55 Megs.

And my doc file's images don't work anymore.

And I'm not quite sure how to split my pdf compilation into reasonable portions even for a promotional sample.

So I'll post a link which will surely still work after all this time and not poison us with Russian pr0n or something worse... http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/01/25/the-complete-gameboys-from-hell/

(Note: it will definitely require bunches of cookies, although you can opt out of about half of them. I do not blame anyone for skipping out on that trip for any reason.  :buck2: )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Demo now available at the steam page....

Gusington

Been waiting patiently for this one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Believe this was supposed to be released last week, but delayed which seems to be the trend of games nowadays.  The good news is only delayed until February 22nd.

Grim.Reaper

Released, normal price $39.99 but 25% discount until end of February.

devoncop

Never played the original but this looks really good.

Imagine it will be amazing in MP.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

I played the original and enjoyed it...feels like many years ago.

This looks really good and I liked the demo - lot of reviews mention that it feels not-quite-ready, however.

I'll pick it up at some point. I hope it gets good long term support from the devs.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Most seem to say not really good for single player so will be holding off myself for now

Gusington

^Yes complaints about the AI, or lack of...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Thanks for the feedback guys.

It has a very positive rating on Steam but I believe things like Excommunication are going to be better balanced by the Devs so I will maybe wait a while to pick it up too but watching Dastactic playing it (and gushing with praise for the game) it makes my wallet finger itchy   :Dreamer:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^The age old struggle, spending vs. logic.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd