Main Menu

King's Orders

Started by Ian C, February 09, 2023, 08:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Demo out. Looks interesting, seems pretty solid. There's an optional survey in the demo to give feedback before release, so it's worth checking out.
You can't save progress in the demo, but I submitted a request for saving to the developers.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1369690/Kings_Orders

WHAT IS KING'S ORDERS?
In King's Orders, you play as a medieval ruler. Your goal is to manage armies and cities on a map of Europe. Give orders by sending letters to your generals and make decisions based on the reports you receive. Re-enact historical events and see how you can change the course of history. Create a dominating empire that shall last for centuries!

KING'S STRATEGY
King's Orders is a game for players who seek a more immersive experience than in most real-time strategies. Communicate with your troops by sending messengers with your letters. Send orders and wait for results. Remember it takes time for your runner to deliver the message and the route is full of dangers. Realism is magnified by the lack of battle preview in real-time. You gain all knowledge of those events from received reports, so that's all you have to picture the battle and make further decisions.

MEDIEVAL EUROPE
From the frozen Scandinavia to the deserts of Africa - claim new territories, expand influences, and replay unique scenarios. Each of those will challenge you with the most important battles of the Middle Ages, however, the outcome depends on your actions. Hundred Years' War, Battle of Grunwald, Wars of the Roses - each can be a setting for your plan to achieve total victory. Are you able to create an ultimate strategy that will fulfil your ambitions no matter what?

DIVIDE AND RULE!
Conquer the cities and control key trade routes. Gained gold gives you various opportunities, so spend it wisely. Will you train more troops or focus on fortifying? You decide what kind of ruler you are and how you're about to manage the economy. Everything comes with consequences. Some unpopular decisions may even end up with a rebellion against you. Take care of your generals' loyalty and morale, so they will help you to control the people.

CJReich46

Ian C,

I downloaded the demo. Not bad. It has some potential. The demo only permits you England. But the scenario is the Hundred Years War. It's interesting in that it doesn't feel so omnipotent as we do in Total War, yet it operates on a real time feel, but it doesn't feel hectic. you can speed things up to move things along but you're not clicky-clicky. The tutorial is okay, just bear in mind you need to do it when you are supposed to.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Sir Slash

That could be fun. "I ORDERED, 'Chips' with the fish Knave. Off with your head!"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ian C

Quote from: CJReich46 on February 09, 2023, 11:10:57 AMThe demo only permits you England. But the scenario is the Hundred Years War.

You can select France at the start by clicking on it's shield.

Gusington

'Fish knave'  :2funny:

I've had this on my radar for a while.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"It's GOOD to be da King"!  :bow2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Any tactical battles. The cut scenes look great, if a little like England is made up of knights templar.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Ian C

Quote from: Destraex on February 10, 2023, 07:59:16 PMAny tactical battles.

None - you get an AAR. The whole game is based on getting reports form subordinates.

Father Ted

So this is "Parchment Commander"?

Sir Slash

:ROFL:  I think I see a perfect candidate for the Jester position at Courtside.