DCS beta thing 1.2.7 is available

Started by MengJiao, January 02, 2014, 01:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

I guess I will get it whenever it comes through STEAM.  Meanwhile, I'm CRUSHING the Umbrians in Birth of Rome.  It is 294 BC after all.
All year.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on January 02, 2014, 01:56:49 PM

I guess I will get it whenever it comes through STEAM.  Meanwhile, I'm CRUSHING the Umbrians in Birth of Rome.  It is 294 BC after all.
All year.

note to self: you can set up the beta on STEAM.

Yskonyn

As the beta will be a seperate install (or perhaps only a seperate exe?) I have no energy to try it out. I'll just wait for the release and go from there.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

What's the big deal about this version?  Is it just some fluff for the WW2 stuff? 

Meh.

Yskonyn

No not at all. Its an update for DCS World and all modules with some much needed fixes for some long standing issues.
Apart from the P-51 module tweaks there is nothing WW2 related at all.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Ah!  Okay, thanks.  I'll make sure I run DCS World sometime before going to bed and let it do it's updating  (when the patch is official?).

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on January 04, 2014, 07:30:12 AM
Ah!  Okay, thanks.  I'll make sure I run DCS World sometime before going to bed and let it do it's updating  (when the patch is official?).

Not official yet.  Got it on Steam (on Steam it isn't a separate install).  I can't tell how much impact it has because I'm trying to re-learn (after what?  3 weeks?)
how to fly the Su-25T.

A pack of SAMs still stands off a mess of F16s.  (F-16s come barrelling in -- missiles shoot -- F-16s jetison everything right over the SAMs and run -- nobody gets hit -- much ordinance expended).