"The" Holidays Game Sale Damage Thread

Started by -budd-, November 27, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Since my birthday (Nov 15), which basically starts the holiday season for me, I've added

Lego LOTR
Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Survivor Squad
Kerbal Space Program
Arma2Complete
Darkest Hour Hearts of Iron
SC:WW1+Breakthru (including shipping)
Xenonauts
Tradewinds Classics (first three TW games)
Dawn of War2:Retribution
The King's Crusade Collection
Reach for the Sun
Type:Rider
Contrast

...some of those were on sale. And, uh, for my nieces. :-[ {removing Blades of Arkania from my shopping cart}

{heading to Matrix to shop} {holy bleep there are 12 PAGES of games on sale at GG}{do they mean buy 4 pay for 3 on top of the discounts???}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 28, 2013, 05:54:09 AM
My holiday damage will be limited, as well...unless I manage to get my hands I'm a next gen console system...then, I could be in trouble.

Which console are you leaning towards for this generation?

Back on topic:  I haven't finished sustaining damage yet from the sales but I will report back once I've survived the game storm of sales.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

PanzersEast

Thus far:

Prison Architect    $14.99

Outside of that I don't see anything getting low enough in my wishlist for me to bite... however if it gets there I may.  The only other STEAM purchase I am considering is Tropico 4 Collector's Edition..... still going back and forth on it.  On Matrix CC Panthers in the Fog, but as of right now not sure I will purchase as it would be my first CC game.

PE

Silent Disapproval Robot

I bought Fallen Enchantress and went through the tutorial.  Then I started my first game and my leader was promptly killed by a pack of wolves on turn 2.  Good times!!!

Martok

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 28, 2013, 03:14:39 PM
I bought Fallen Enchantress and went through the tutorial.  Then I started my first game and my leader was promptly killed by a pack of wolves on turn 2.  Good times!!!
Out of curiosity, why Fallen Enchantress and not Legendary Heroes?  By almost all accounts, the latter is the superior game (although the former is apparently still definitely better than the original War of Magic). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was too lazy to type it all out is why.  I did indeed buy Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes on the Gamersgate sale.

GibbyG

Just got Rome II from Gamestop Downloads on sale for $40.  With a $20 gift card got it for $20.

Very tempted to get WitP:AE from Matrix but I'm scared  :(

Martok

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 28, 2013, 04:33:01 PM
I was too lazy to type it all out is why.  I did indeed buy Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes on the Gamersgate sale.
Ah, gotcha.  Well I hope you enjoy it!  :) 

Quote from: challerain on November 28, 2013, 04:55:18 PM
Just got Rome II from Gamestop Downloads on sale for $40.  With a $20 gift card got it for $20.

Very tempted to get WitP:AE from Matrix but I'm scared  :(
I know the feeling, challerain.  I've come close to pulling the trigger on that one many times, but I always end up pulling back because I'm intimidated by its size & complexity. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

FarAway Sooner

I played FE for about 15 or 20 hours and just couldn't get into it.  I couldn't get the hang of the game and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing differently.

Based on superior reviews here for LH, I went ahead and bought Legendary Heroes a few weeks ago and I'm MUCH more impressed by it.  It's not perfect, but the game just feels like the pieces fit together much more tightly now.  I'm already past the 25 hour mark and have only played the Ironeer faction in any depth.  I have yet to play any other factions, much less customize my own.

In part due to how impressed I was by that, I official kicked off my Holiday Damage Party by purchasing all 4 DLCs (the Heroes pack, the Quest pack, the Map pack, and the Dead Faction pack) at 50% off.  Given that I only paid $20 for LH, I figure shelling out another $10 for additional content is fine.  I do hope that somebody designs some good mods to introduce additional Magic Items. 

The Magic Items that they have so far are fine, but they're not very abundant or particularly powerful.  I want my Magic Flame Tongue, by God!

Greybriar

So far, I've only bought Faster Than Light from GOG.com for $3.39. That price didn't last long and it's priced at $9.99 now.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Arctic Blast

Far too early to post anything yet. I'll wait until the spending hits embarrassing levels.  ;D

Unless we're including board games, because then...yeah... :o 8)

panzerde

So far, Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue for $25.99.  Something about this time of year always puts me in an Eastern Front mood.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Toonces

Well, my first hit just took place; I got the Aerosoft PBY-5 for FSX just now.  Total impulse buy!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

Quote from: Toonces on November 28, 2013, 09:02:16 PM
Well, my first hit just took place; I got the Aerosoft PBY-5 for FSX just now.  Total impulse buy!

I've been looking at that one a couple of times.. let me know your thoughts!

Virtivia's b-24 is only 17 buck or so on pcaviator.. getting real weak on that one..