Whats on your painting table/workbench?

Started by TheCommandTent, July 08, 2012, 09:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

This weeks project was a new dice tower.  ASL game day tomorrow so it'll get its first use there.  :)

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Rekim

Wow. Sweet tower Gary. Nice finish.

Is your ASL session a gathering, or a single opponent?

My (store bought) tower is currently in use on my workbench

TheCommandTent

Nice looking towers guys!  Those look so much better then the one I made out of thick cardboard.

http://thecommandtent.blogspot.com/2010/05/quick-dice-tower.html

One of these days I am going to have to attempt to do one up right like those.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Agreed - nice towers.

Last couple of days I've laid a base coat of dark yellow on my late war Flames of War Kraut tanks.

I used two different brands to see their results and was surprised that he Vallejo Model Color and the Tamiya were clearly different from each other.

I also applied some of GW's new rust wash on the treads and was disappointed by the results.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on August 04, 2012, 11:56:06 AM
I need a man cave!

Well, I have one.

But my wife likes me to sit in the family room and paint/game there. Doesn't matter if I tune them out or not, she just likes having me in the same room. She wanted me to buy a Games Workshop paint station so that I could paint in the family room even though I have a perfectly good painting table in my library.

So most of the time I spend time there (like now).

However, in the near future I'm going to need to break out the airbrush to get the camo I want on my Flames minis, and that's going to best be done with some canvas to catch any overspray, and that means the library.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on August 04, 2012, 05:56:40 PM
Quote from: Bison on August 04, 2012, 11:56:06 AM
I need a man cave!

Well, I have one.

But my wife likes me to sit in the family room and paint/game there. Doesn't matter if I tune them out or not, she just likes having me in the same room. She wanted me to buy a Games Workshop paint station so that I could paint in the family room even though I have a perfectly good painting table in my library.

So most of the time I spend time there (like now).

I hope you went ahead and bought that.  I don't think I've ever had my wife say she wanted me to buy something for the hobby.  :)

I have more of a man corner.  I have a table and my paints set up in the corner of a small room.  Renting a small house does not lend itself to much room for "my stuff" as my wife likes to call it.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 04, 2012, 06:05:09 PM
I hope you went ahead and bought that.  I don't think I've ever had my wife say she wanted me to buy something for the hobby.  :)

Well, yes, I did. My wife is pretty indulgent in that regard.

Bison

Was in the LGS today and they had a huge rack of Flames minis that were on sale for 40% off.  I had a fleeting thought to pick up a bunch of them because it seemed like such a great deal.  Then I remembered I have no where to store or work on them atm, so the window shopping of minis continues on my end.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on August 05, 2012, 12:01:07 AM
Was in the LGS today and they had a huge rack of Flames minis that were on sale for 40% off. 

My first Flames tank was a Tiger I bought just to have hanging around on my desk.

40% off is a good deal, but makes me wonder - is there no gaming interest at that store? Generally that's a sign they're liquidating inventory because there's not much interest.

LongBlade

I just completed the camo schemes for a squad of Tigers and KingTigers. I took the less-is-more strategy with a bit of dazzle paint inspiration.

What's kind of interesting to me is that from a top-down view it appears the camo from the turret aligns with the camo of the hull. That is entirely coincidental - I painted both pieces separately and made no conscious effort to have any alignment. One shot shows the turrets off so you can see the full modeling of the hull camo.

Rekim

LongBlade

Thank you. I think I like it well enough that I'm going to do my entire force with it.

TheCommandTent

Nice looking tanks!  Will you give them a wash when the painting is all done?

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 06, 2012, 07:40:18 PM
Nice looking tanks!  Will you give them a wash when the painting is all done?

Probably. I'm on the fence - I have the heavy/dark wash from Army painter, but I'm not sure what that will do to them. I may apply it to my wirbelwinds to see how it turns out.