Sickness has taken me!

Started by Huw the Poo, March 31, 2013, 10:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longdan

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 01, 2013, 05:56:08 PM
I'd put my money on the 'Or Something' unless death was a direct result of choices of action made after imbibing the tequila, such as car-surfing or biker-baiting.
Probably lime poisoning.  Car-surfing or bumper stretching doesn't have to be fatal.  You just have to roll less than your agility score.  Or not under the tires.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2013, 07:38:06 AM
I think I may have got you sick...I have had bronchitis since last Wednesday. Feverish every now and then and a bit more delirious than usual. I blame it on the centarians I work with who carry every malady known to man and never stay home because they don't want to die there. Bastards.

That sucks Gus.  That said, I'm all for delirium.

Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: Longdan on April 01, 2013, 08:19:21 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 01, 2013, 05:56:08 PM
I'd put my money on the 'Or Something' unless death was a direct result of choices of action made after imbibing the tequila, such as car-surfing or biker-baiting.
Probably lime poisoning.  Car-surfing or bumper stretching doesn't have to be fatal.  You just have to roll less than your agility score.  Or not under the tires.

Don't knock car surfing until you've tried it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Longdan

I said it need not be fatal.

GDS_Starfury

wonton soup and ginger ale.
the Jewish cure for the 21st century.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Huw the Poo

There's ginger in the tea I've been drinking!

MikeGER

Get well soon Huw !

hope you got access to Aspirin in the meantime  ...raw garlic cloves before went to sleep works wonder
in addition to ginger slices   ...well for the price  of no social  activities in the next 24 h   ;)

Shelldrake

Keep swilling the ginger tea and stay away from Gus!  :P

Hope you feel better soon!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Huw the Poo

Thanks again everyone!  It seems to have cleared up now.  It wasn't enough to prevent me going to work this week, sadly!

Longdan

Well I am glad you are healed.  Put some fresh mustard in your hat and enjoy the week.
Now I can go to bed without worry.

Martok

Glad you're feeling better mate!  Welcome back to the land of the living.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

Cheers guys!

I suppose I should be grateful it wasn't worse...this is the busiest time of the year in my job and if I'd had to take any time off I would've gone back to a proper shitstorm.