Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Computer Gaming / Re: Wargame: Red Dragon
« Last post by Gusington on July 22, 2021, 07:48:26 AM »
I bet...just seeing some video clips out of South African cities in the last few weeks definitely confirms that.
Computer Gaming / Re: Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts work in progress.
« Last post by Gusington on July 22, 2021, 07:46:52 AM »
Shit, this sucks...I am holding out hope that we will see a full campaign eventually. But the silence is deafening. IF completed this would be my go to game for years. I have had fun with it in just the mission mode and even started developing some decent skills :/
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on July 22, 2021, 07:46:12 AM »
South Africa’s military, especially in the Cold War era has always been interesting to me, as well as the bush wars they fought in. I imagine their military is in less than stellar shape now.

No comparison. It's a totally different military and a totally different country.
« Last post by Gusington on July 22, 2021, 07:44:37 AM »
South Africa’s military, especially in the Cold War era has always been interesting to me, as well as the bush wars they fought in. I imagine their military is in less than stellar shape now.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on July 22, 2021, 07:43:39 AM »
^ Is there a (rumored) relation with the Game Labs acquisition by the Stillfront Group ?

Nothing official and I haven't really even read any speculation on this in the forums, but it is hard for me to not draw a correlation. Although, the acquisition is pretty recent and I would say they were already pretty behind on the roadmap at the time they got acquired.
Grogheads Announcements / Re: Religion and Politics
« Last post by Gusington on July 22, 2021, 07:41:39 AM »
Awesome. R&P is the ultimate hive of scum and villainy. 👍
« Last post by Pete Dero on July 22, 2021, 07:29:09 AM »
^ Is there a (rumored) relation with the Game Labs acquisition by the Stillfront Group ?
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on July 22, 2021, 07:05:24 AM »
South Africa Nation pack delayed, most likely until after August.

I'm excited for this one, but the delay doesn't bother me too much. Although the SADF is extremely cold war appropriate, I'm not sure there are any good REDFOR in the game presently for them to go up against. The SADF was highly trained and very motivated and they excelled in bush wars, but its hard to imagine them stacking up very well on large conventional battlefields. Would be cool of some of the African combatants were modeled too.

Oh well, we'll find out in September hopefully...

Game development is hard, and the way to any kind of launch is beset with roadblocks and detours. We know that some of you were hoping for a release soon - as in next week soon - or alternatively sometime in August. That is, unfortunately, not going to happen.

We still need more time with Wargame: Red Dragon - Nation Pack: South Africa. Even though unit balancing is done, as most of the unit models, there is plenty of work left. Not only that, August is a very quiet month in which everything slows down. We try to avoid releasing anything in the deepest part of the summer holidays.

There is more: next to Wargame: Red Dragon, we are also working concurrently on two new expansions for or our other popular strategy game (you might have heard about it here or there) Steel Division 2. In all fairness, we bit off more than we could chew, and coupled with the small delays that are always encountered, a post-August launch of the Nation Pack seems ever more likely. Our apologies!

In the meantime, here are the details released about the major components of the SADF...infantry, armor, Air Force and helos. Cool stuff!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/251060/view/3016823329556921166

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/251060/view/3048349794619388526

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/251060/view/3070869061072083812

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/251060/view/2993187041098594435
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on July 22, 2021, 06:54:12 AM »
This one seems to be in trouble.

At the beginning of the year, the roadmap for 2021 included four core updates and patches:

Core patch 1 - Core of campaign including Custom Battle saves

Core patch 2 - Crew and officers

Core patch 3 - R&D and Tech Progression

Core patch 4 - New nations and map expansion

They never promised specific dates for any of the patches, but indicated that they would flow throughout the year.

Here we are almost in August and the first core patch is yet to be released. Furthermore, there have been no development updates regarding the roadmap and no word from the developers since May, when a small patch was released.

Some news from the top would be nice. The natives in the official forums are starting to get restless.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]