Steam Summer Sales Begins - (June 19-30)

Started by Ian C, June 19, 2014, 12:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Just a heads-up. Daily deals and also 'Flash Sales' every 8 hours, with 75% - 85% off.

As if I don't already have enough games I've not played...

Yskonyn

I have already bought something... :uglystupid2:

I had been eyeing Planetary Annihilation for quite a while now, because I thoroughly enjoyed Total Annihilation back in the day and am still very much enjoying Suprème Commander.
For me these games mark the top of the curve regarding RTS games. Still having base building as a major gameplay aspect and super large maps to enable all kinds of tactical approaches.

The Alpha of PA was way too streep of an admission price and even the beta at full retail price wasn't something I was willing to bet on. But the game is now in a 50% sale making it 23 euro's.
Pretty good price now that SP has been added recently.

Apart from some DLC for Rome 2, EU 4 and CK2 I don't think I will be buying something else. :)

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tpek

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing I already have half of Steam on my library  :idiot2:

Kushan

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 19, 2014, 12:33:52 PM
Apart from some DLC for Rome 2, EU 4 and CK2 I don't think I will be buying something else. :)

Famous last words.

Not sure what on my wish list I really want. I think everything I still have on it will have to be heavily discounted for me to purchase.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Jarhead0331

I'm hoping for a better deal on DayZ and Dark Souls II...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Do you guys think Elite will be featured in the sale?  ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 19, 2014, 01:07:28 PM
Do you guys think Elite will be featured in the sale?  ;)

Ha! You wish!

However, I just got their weekly newsletter and I think you can purchase the non-premium beta now at a reasonable rate. The premium beta will be wrapping up soon.

Let me know what you think about PA. $24.99 is a great price for it now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Arctic Blast

There's Devil May Cry off of my wishlist. I want Payday 2...but I'm waiting to see if it gets more than the current 67% discount on a daily deal.  :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ian C

Well I just picked up all Mafia II DLC for next to nothing, Superpower 2 and Horizon @ 50% off.
I didn't realise that the sale also covers most things in the STEAM catalog and not just the offers on the intro page.

RooksBailey

I've already done pretty good even before the Steam sale began.  I got Gunpoint for $2.50 from Steam yesterday, and Shadowrun Returns for $5 on Gamer's Gate summer sale (I am loving that game so far).  For the Steam sale, I am eyeing State of Decay as I've heard good stuff about it.  Currently half off, but I think I can wait for something better.  :)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

bbmike

Well, I didn't last long. All of the Elemental: Fallen Enchantress DLC is on sale so I scooped it up.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

WallysWorld

I'm on a major Combat Mission kick lately so the only things I want from Steam is the Canadian Mountain Passes route for Train Simulator 2014 and maybe top off the DLC's that I'm missing from EU IV.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Grim.Reaper

I am going to show my will power and not buy a single thing:)

Gotta stay strong....

TheCommandTent

So the virtual RPG tabletop software Fantasy Grounds is on sale.  I've been looking at this for a while but not sure I will actually use it once I get it.  :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."